Shrockworks transfer case skid
Hefty Fabworks gas tank skid
Shrockworks sliders
Shrockworks rear bumper

Electronics:
Midland WX75 CB Radio

Lighting:
40" curved dual row lightbar on modified Insain Fab lightbar mounts
2 x 4" 6LED flood light pods, one on separate circuit each side for independent controls.
2 x 6" 6LED flood lights mounted on Xoskel lo-pro rear lightbar

Recovery:
Smittybilt XRC 9.5 Comp Gen 2 winch with 3/8" synthetic rope

Next mods:
Titan Swap?
Front Locker?

PHOTOS

Back when first bought, took it down to the beach, still has the mudflaps and paper tags:

Put a PRG 2" spacer and AAL on, and some Kumho Road Venture A/T in 265/75-16 and went up to Colorado, on Engineer Pass:

Then I bought some Hella 500ff with HID conversions on a group buy here, made some mounts to install them with the factory grille [thread link to come later]:

Somewhere along the way I replaced the OEM bilsteins with 5125s and the spacers, and went wheeling:

40" LED bar and roof light install:

Relays mounted to a piece of scrap aluminum:

Most recently I bought a used shrockworks bumper locally and installed a smittybilt XRC 9.5 in it, pic is with it almost done, right after this I put the factory fogs into the shrock bumper:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic of the remote plug mounting on the shrockworks bumper, I didn't want to extend the wires for the plug so i drilled a 3/4" hole in the bumper just above the solenoid box and cut a slot in the side for the controller wires. mounted the plug so that the wind driving down the road wouldn't be pulling the cap off the plug, so far it's stayed on.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won the very first ever Maxterra Max Gear Armor drop-in roof rack at the GONE Moab 2015. This thing is built solid, and gives a little deeper rack than the round or square tube drop in racks like the dephep since it is made of sheet steel.

It seems that he's thought of just about everything with it, the slots around the upper edge will fit a net that Dave said he's working with Raingler to produce, the ovaled slots in the bottom fit a ratchet strap tie down hook so you can tie stuff down. The longer slots at the bottom at the front and rear fit the straps for a Thule cargo bag to sit in the rack. There are little oval holes along the sides just under the factory rack tubes to run zip ties for holding wiring for lights or antenna, and the sets of holes near the front and rear are for mounting a set of cross bars to the top of the rack in case you want to put a RTT or bikes or kayaks up top. Dave is also working on a Hi-lift and axe/shovel mount for it.

Installation was a breeze, just four carriage bolts through holes in the roof rack tubes hold it on. probably took me more time to dig the drill bits out of my toolbox than it did to finish the install. I need to drill holes for light mounts in the side so i can put my side lights back on, but I almost hate to cut into the killer powdercoat job. Almost. I'll probably add at least another pair of lights though since it'll be easy to mount up.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Winner, winner chicken dinner. I don't know if you're beating the odds, or invest very heavily in raffle tickets... Didn't you win like 5 prizes last year?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Crash App
Ha yeah, I kinda cleaned up last year. This year it was NYTKSHR winning half the prize table.

I must be beating the odds, since Ron has spent the same per year as me and he hasn't yet been able to take anything home.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
installed the OME HD leaf packs along with new OME bushings and u-bolts this week. sorry, didn't take any pics since i was working alone. ride is nicely firmed up, good improvement over the mushy ride after adding all of the skids and bumper. The rear is about even with the front now, but im also wondering if my shocks might be too short, i had to compress the leafs a bit to connect them back to the axle. i have a feeling they will limit flex off road.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Added some brackets to the max gear rack for my side lights, they were mounted on some KC bar mounts so obviously wouldn't fit along with the rack.

I ended up cutting 3 1/2 inch pieces of 1 1/8" aluminum flat bar and drilled 1/4" holes to mount to the rack, and 3/16" holes for the light mounts, and checked the fit before painting:

Painted and bolted on:

Lights installed again:

Bonus pic from Wheeling in October 2015:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I won the very first ever Maxterra Max Gear Armor drop-in roof rack at the GONE Moab 2015. This thing is built solid, and gives a little deeper rack than the round or square tube drop in racks like the dephep since it is made of sheet steel.

Is Maxterra making these? How much?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts