Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new sway bar end links, as i left the 4 bolts that hold the sway bar on the frame screwed in so i wont lose them, some how both bottom bolts stripped while trying to install the sway bar back on. They wont go more then 1/4th inch and im so pissed off. Any remedies please? Even with 600ln coils n radflos the sway from the front while driving is abit much for daily use. If i cant fix it ill just have to live with it but is there any way to fix this?? Its pretty much a welded on nut.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Stripped bolt, any fixes?

I just got new sway bar end links, as i left the 4 bolts that hold the sway bar on the frame screwed in so i wont lose them, some how both bottom bolts stripped while trying to install the sway bar back on. They wont go more then 1/4th inch and im so pissed off. Any remedies please? Even with 600ln coils n radflos the sway from the front while driving is abit much for daily use. If i cant fix it ill just have to live with it but is there any way to fix this?? Its pretty much a welded on nut.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tap/die set. Run a die over the bolt to clean the threads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I'm sure there are more sizes... but pretty much everything on the truck I've hit is either 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, or 17mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts