Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I installed the remainder of my skid plates this week. Gas, T/C, and rear diff. Now I have a stranget hunking when I go over bumps. It is driving me nuts. I have check and rechecked the bolts numerous times and the noise has gotten less, but it is still there. Plus it is too damn cold.

I guess next week I will start removing plates until I find the culprit. I think it is the gas skid because the bolt on the frame is cobbled together and there is a little movement.

·
on line
54 Posts
I noticed that my T-Case skid(triangular shaped one) would hit the t-case when I hit bumps etc. I put three washers between the plate and the frame on the rear bolt. Fixed it right away.

I had the same exact problem, I put in one of my rubber washers and that was all it needed. MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what brand skid? I look and the clearance seems fine and I never had an issue before.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just check. I have BP T/C skid and shrock gas skid. I think it is the BP skid hitting the gas skid. On Monday I will remove the T/C and see what happens.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
jwd270 said:
I noticed that my T-Case skid(triangular shaped one) would hit the t-case when I hit bumps etc. I put three washers between the plate and the frame on the rear bolt. Fixed it right away.
I had the same exact problem, I put in one of my rubber washers and that was all it needed. MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the stupid AC rear diff skid. The skid bolts would work themselves loose after 10 minutes on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts