Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a remote start and I started my car tonight and it was a crazy noise I've never heard before.. Like almost a grinding noise
My remote start stopped after it ran for a while. It then tried again and it ran fine but the 4WD light was lit and it displayed no information where the car shows what drive I am in(4 wheel, 2 wheel, low)

Anyone have any ideas ??

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
People have had the display blank out and 4WD light come on then go away after an ignition restart.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Have you remote started it since?

I had a remote start on my 4Runner. It was parked in the driveway (in front of roommates window.) One cold morning I started it from the house, he came running to my room saying my truck was making some horrible noise. The tach signal wire came off so it started but the alarm didn't know it was running and kept engaging the starter.

·
on line
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you remote started it since?

I had a remote start on my 4Runner. It was parked in the driveway (in front of roommates window.) One cold morning I started it from the house, he came running to my room saying my truck was making some horrible noise. The tach signal wire came off so it started but the alarm didn't know it was running and kept engaging the starter.
I have restarted it a few times and seems to be fine... Crossing my fingers lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if your remote start goofed and maybe was keying igniton off and on or something causing the error.

·
on line
2,874 Posts
In regards to the 4wd display blanking, I had that happen to me once in almost 8 years of owning my 2007. I had backed out of a camping spot in 2wd and put in n then put in 4wd. I went to hit gas and truck rolled back and the 4x4 light lit and the indicator went blank. Restarted and all was fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts