Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, kinda a boring day today so I'm going to a buddies house tonight to play with the exhaust a bit. Theres no threads I found about whats a good delete for sound and whats bad, so I'll give the report when we're done.

I'm first gonna try taking out the resonator closest to rear and see what it sounds like.

If that doesnt sound good I'll replace it and remove the secondary cat's and check it.
Either way the hole I create from deleted parts I'll put in regular pipe with connector's, Ultimately being a super cheap mod. The goal is NOT to go ricey. But I know theres a good truck sound somewhere in there without spending $100's.

If anyone has done this and can save mee time from one or the other, that'd be great. One thing I'm not doing is getting rid of all components, so no worries there. Pretty sure it'll sound straight garbage.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the super 44 replaces the big resonator on the back? or do you cut it in where normal pipe would be?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did the two into one muffler (don't remember which model) eliminated the y pipe completely, and ran 3" all the way to the back. Admittedly, it's a little louder than I wanted. But I'm getting used to it!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my crazy update. I went with the magnaflow super 44. After removing all piping from secondarys forward, i had to run to an auto part store for some connectors and clamps. I ziptied ends so they wouldnt move until i got it all back on. SOME HOW the flange of my driver side header broke clean off the weld. CLEAN. how is that something i did? And plus i dont care what i do the weld is ALWAYS supposed to be stronger than the metal so it doesnt make sense. Because its the weld that broke that means theres no lip to clamp to and im assuming the headers arent your average weldable metal with an every day wire welder idk. Im gonna contact nissan about a faulty header. We'll see

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts