Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the Shrock rear bumper with tire carrier on the rig and im only running the stock suspension as of right now. My rear end feels sooo damn heavy now and im wondering if ill mess anything up. I have the Deaver mini pack and PRG shackles but im waiting to get my friggin house so i can install everything. Will the Deavers and shackles eliminate all the sag? What setting should i go with on the shackles? When i go on long trips, not off road expeditions but vacation type trips, i usually have 5 people plus lots of luggage. I just hate looking at sagging suspension. Also, to those with the deavers and shackles, is there any type of sag in the rear after numerous off roading trips? Will the mini pack and shackles be enough or should i look into full leaf packs since nothing is installed yet?

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I believe the Deavers will help keep the weight.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What setting on the shackles did you go with? I dont want the rake to look ridiculous but im thinking once i have everything + passengers it will settle to my desired liking.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Hard to understand, I've got stock suspension and with my added rear bumper and towing trailer, I don't have any rearend sag !!

-- :geek: :geek:--JIMBO

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think my rear shocks are just about beat to hell. Ive taken the truck on numerous off roading trips and when i go out with the family, i have a ton of luggage in the rear. all this plus a 50lb toolbox and a hilift extreme. maybe its just me but my rear feels really heavy now and after every speed bump, im on the bumpstops. could the difference between the OFF ROAD bils and the stock shocks have anything to do with it. Jimbo, could you guesstimate what the weight of the calmini bumper is? i know the Shrock is over 100lbs and thats to say the least.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well xterra, I can't find any of my data, on the Calmini rear bumper weight--

--As much as I've bitched about it, it is HEAVY duty with pictureperfect welds and I'd say figure. another 10% weight over the Shrockworks bumper, however, remember you have to add your tire/wheel/trailer hitch weight-then subtract the weight of the original bumper to come up with a reasonable final weight--

xterra3100 said:
i think my rear shocks are just about beat to hell. Ive taken the truck on numerous off roading trips and when i go out with the family, i have a ton of luggage in the rear. all this plus a 50lb toolbox and a hilift extreme. maybe its just me but my rear feels really heavy now and after every speed bump, im on the bumpstops. could the difference between the OFF ROAD bils and the stock shocks have anything to do with it. Jimbo, could you guesstimate what the weight of the calmini bumper is? i know the Shrockworks is over 100lbs and thats to say the least.
------------------------------
--My one luxury(??), is that I don't have to add extra passenger weight and I just systematically distribute my loads (cargo/trailer) to optimize loads directly over the rear wheels--Kapish???

--If you have kids (straped in) try to put your HEAVIEST items forward against the rear seats backs (secured), I know it makes it harder to remove, but ya gotta give and take !!

== :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Jimbo, ive got my hilift mounted under the rear seats and the toolbox right up against the rear seats strapped down secure. ive tried to distribute the weight towards the middle of the truck. We'll see what happens once i get the damn rear lift put on.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:Yo xterra, gotta give you a HOORA, for mounting that HiLift where you did, I've been doing it FOREVER and it's a perfect (weather free) spot--

xterra3100 said:
Yeah Jimbo, ive got my hilift mounted under the rear seats and the toolbox right up against the rear seats strapped down secure. ive tried to distribute the weight towards the middle of the truck. We'll see what happens once i get the damn rear lift put on.
--Alot of times, by securing stuff right behind the rear seats, you can remove it by going in the back doors and UNSECURING the heavy stuff, then just remove without even opening the Hatch--KEWL==

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts