Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
285/75/16 is what I have, although I haven't tried it yet, not sure about the 17 inch wheels although it should be pretty close to fitting

·
on line
192 Posts
Back from the dead...

I just got a used Curt hitch (big thanks to Shutterman), and have the stock OR spare in there. The tire is touching the hitch. Is this normal? IIRC the stock OR size is a 32" tire. Is this issue only with the Curt hitch?

·
on line
2,044 Posts
dont know... i do know one can steal your spare tire using a flat head and putting preassure on that U clip... so get yourself a cable lock......

·
on line
1,442 Posts
Back from the dead...

I just got a used Curt hitch (big thanks to Shutterman), and have the stock OR spare in there. The tire is touching the hitch. Is this normal? IIRC the stock OR size is a 32" tire. Is this issue only with the Curt hitch?
I don't know if contact is normal or not for the Curt hitch as I don't own that particular hitch, but you don't need to be worried. The tire is held up against the body of the X, and contact on the hitch won't hurt the tire.

·
on line
192 Posts
Great info guys - duly noted. Thanks. Hopefully I won't have problems if I get larger tires (but I've got plenty of time before that should happen, I hope).

·
on line
53 Posts
I also have a 33" tire in the stock location and I have the Nissan tow hitch.

·
on line
337 Posts
Not to get far off topic, but could someone please post a pic of how that U-clip holds the spare up?

My spare was stolen off the dealer lot before I bought it and after all the hassle I went through to get the dealer to replace it after purchase, I'd rather not ask them how it mounts. I want to make sure nothing was clipped and I have all the neccessary hardware down there, until my Shrock bumper comes :toothy8: Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts