Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know at what point you can't use the stock scissor jack for changing a flat? I bought my X used and it was missing so I ordered a new one the other day. Heading to the Corpus this weekend and don't wanna be stuck on the side of the road. Well it just clicked that I have the TG spacers and the AC shackles I'm wondering if I will still be able to use the stock jack. I guess worse case I can try it when it comes in and maybe carry a small block of wood if it doesn't work. I really don't offroad so I wouldn't see the need for the Hilift jack. Thanks..!!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you can still lift the rear with it, lift from the leaf pack. Front, i know mine doesn't fit up front and i'm running 2" lift and 33" tires. you can always get a small block of wood to carry in the X to put between the truck and the jack to make up for the height change. that's what i do with my floor jack when i'm working on the X.

·
on line
807 Posts
With pretty much any lift and oversized tires you won't be able to use it on the frame, but you can still lift the rear from the axle. The front is a little more challenging, but you could probably get it under the control arm.

·
on line
40 Posts
I agree with getting a cheap bottle jack to put in the truck. I had to change a flat with the stock jack and it was a huge pain. Also throw a small piece of plywood under the trunk deck area, the stock jack foot print is too small to use on anything put a hard surface. Speaking from experience, there is nothing more frustratng than watching your jack sink into the dirt when you don't have a wheel on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts