Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it in the service manual and I'm probably just overlooking it.

I'm trying to install my 2 subs and amp. But I need to splice some wires into the back of the deck.

Anyone know which set of wires goes where? Or know where in the Service Manual I can find the information?

Thanks!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
42 Posts
I tried and tried but couldn't find a wiring diagram anywhere. I ended up just waiting till I got an aftermarket head unit.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
186 Posts
I can't really help as I already have an aftermarket head unit, but my guess is that it should be pretty universal as to the connections in the back of the unit. Which wires exactly are you looking for?
 

·
on line
Joined
·
42 Posts
mjm4soccer said:
I can't really help as I already have an aftermarket head unit, but my guess is that it should be pretty universal as to the connections in the back of the unit. Which wires exactly are you looking for?
That's what I thought too, but I read a bit and the information I gathered showed Nissan wiring to be funky for some reason. No claim to the accuracy, but that's what I read.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to hook in to the wires that got to the speakers.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have $200 to spend right now.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,217 Posts
Cornick,

Here's the info you need.


If you have it saved by section like I do then go to the electrical section then click on AV. Go down to page 8 where you will find the wiring diagram for the stock radio.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
You have really poor quality of sound from the speakers.
Also to run the amp, you need to buy the kit. It will have
all your wiring you need and RCA cables that you need.
You can get the kit from walmart. It runs for about 15
dollars and you could pick up a cheap cd player. Just make
sure it has RCA cable hook-ups. You most likely get it all for
60 to 80.
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER
 

·
on line
Joined
·
844 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not going to splice them.

I've got those clips that make minimal damage to the original wire. I don't know the name of them, though.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,484 Posts
Yea, leave your stock system for selling the car, invest in something good and it'll make it easy to wire up thins, and expand. Plus, it will sound better and not blow up anything important in the process, like your factory stereo you'll want to hand to next owner or re-install before selling.

They do have harness's that plug into factory wiring for our X. I used all the speaker wires. And some others.

MC
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I got it all hooked up now. Sounds nice. :)

Dan thanks for the info. I saw that but didn't make sense to me until I compared the information to the back of the deck. :)

Taps are perfect. :)
 

·
on line
Joined
·
200 Posts
Looks Loud! My 1 12" pops my ears no problem, so that has to be unreal.
Amp location?
So, did your amp have speaker level inputs or did you use an adapter to get your rca's? People always talk crap about the adapters but for bass you really can't tell unless you are a audiophile.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,262 Posts
Damn, now i want to put my 2 12's in my X. they have just been laying around my house wanting to go boom.

Hey is that an "Xterra" blanket that is over your center console. If so where did you get it. i want one of those too. :cheese:
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,248 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Hey is that an "Xterra" blanket that is over your center console. If so where did you get it. i want one of those too. :cheese:
X2
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
06xblue said:
Looks Loud! My 1 12" pops my ears no problem, so that has to be unreal.
Amp location?
So, did your amp have speaker level inputs or did you use an adapter to get your rca's? People always talk crap about the adapters but for bass you really can't tell unless you are a audiophile.
2 is NICE! Amp is screwed to the back of the speaker box, can't beat the location of it. The amp has RCA's, but I had an adapter from one of my old cars.


S_e_X-Terra said:
Damn, now i want to put my 2 12's in my X. they have just been laying around my house wanting to go boom.

Hey is that an "Xterra" blanket that is over your center console. If so where did you get it. i want one of those too. :cheese:
Thats why I put them in!

As for the 'Xterra', it's a very big bandana, that I made into some padding. I have a black lab who loves to put his paws there and he was scraping it up pretty bad. So my mother (She rocks) cut the bandana to the size she needed, sewed some elastic around the inside of it and put in a big (3") piece of foam. I can still open the compartment right there, it's great. :)

I'm sure for the cost of the materials and a few extra $ she would make one for ya. :bounce:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top