Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
on line
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use the roof compartment for? For the life of me, I cannot think of anything I would put in there.

Vince :clown:

·
on line
638 Posts
If I had an Xterra, I would have used it two weekends ago when I went duck hunting on a rainy day to put my wet coat and stuff in. Man they stunk my truck up!!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Its good for wet clothes, like bathing suits, and beach towles and stuff. On a dry day, if you put wet stuff up there and drive around it gets dry real quick. I dont usually store stuff up there its simply a dryer for me!! :drunken:

·
on line
463 Posts
Stock roof compartment?

Sit down because here is the greatest use of that compartment:

When we go out to dinner and the family wants to take home the leftovers ?
I used to cringe and carry Febreze deodorant Then, one night my wife's grandmother wanted to bring home some deep-fried Catfish,,,,,,,,,,,,
When I got to the X,,,,,,it was as if a devine power told me to look up !!!

Yep, it's a left-over carrier !

Jim B

·
on line
1,479 Posts
mud boots and tow strap

Reactions: bentparts

·
on line
237 Posts
I keep tow rope and some straps in there permanently, it works well for keeping beer cold (in the winter)...and I once used it to bring back ice cream from Whistler (2 hr drive).

·
on line
332 Posts
ive put the leftovers in there a couple times. currently i have a collapsible shovel, road side kit, and jumper cables.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I've used it for my water shoes and I keep my tow strap up there.

·
on line
384 Posts
Re: Stock roof compartment?

prod39 said:
.........Yep, it's a left-over carrier !
X2 on that. Had the back seats folded down and both dogs in the back. The wife and I stopped for dinner about an hour from home and did not want to leave the left-over Italian back there with them. It was about 40 degrees out so up to the basket the food went!

Other times, wet stuff goes up there but nothing permanently. That will probably change once I put a lock on the handle.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I throw sweaty clothes up there so they don't stank up my rig.

Which is entertaining, when it is only 10 degrees out they are frozen rock solid.

I have thought about putting food up there but never have yet.

·
on line
49 Posts
best use i have ever heard is for dirty diapers.

so far, I have put wet towels and dog leashes in there. I wish it was larger, to put several life preserver vests in.

mitt

·
on line
79 Posts
the only thing i can think of is when i went to this park to run i put my keys up there. then afterwards my sweaty clothes.

no one will ever think to look up there.

ive only done it once though

·
on line
204 Posts
mcampana said:
It is a nice sort of hidden compartment. I put my dog leashes and a big sponge i use to wash the car with. I love the leftovers idea though. Thats awesome. So if you forget them over night. They areant going to make your car smell like food!
Yeah, I do that too. My coworkers all make fun of me, because when we go out to lunch and leftovers brought back to work have to ride in the roof basket.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts