Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2013 X last week. It had 10 miles on it when I picked it up. My son and I were building an interior bike rack today when I noticed that the stock rear bumper is not straight. In other words, if your looking at the X from the back, the drivers side is somewhere around 1/4" or more pushed further in than the passenger side. Also the gap between where the metal part ends and the plastic rear corners start is different on both sides, also by over a 1/4". It's about 1 finger on the passenger side and roughly 1.5 fingers on the drivers side. For those of you that have taken the rear bumpers off, are they adjustable and if so, enough to make up 1/4" front to back and side to side? I'm hoping this is just crappy Nissan fit and finish rather than a bent frame or something.

Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
there is not really any side to side adjustment, you may be able to adjust the pushed in by loosening the bolts and pulling that side out. the plastic corner pieces dont really have any adjustments either.

the 2013 have had quite a few fitment complaints because they moved the manufactering of the xterra from tenn. to Mississippi. you may want to bring up these issues with your dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply knightrider. I took it back to the dealer yesterday. It's a little better now but it's far from perfect. You were right about the gaps on the sides. No adjustment there. We looked at a couple of other new X's in the parking lot and they were even worse than mine. Strange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts