Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Stock oil skid

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  tea mon 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#8 ·
dragonplayboy said:
I'd also reccommend finding the same bolts that are rounded head with a torx inset instead of a standard hex bolt, that way you'd be a lot less likely to shear one of those things off (or worse)
That or rock washers. I just haven't had time to look into either lately. I'll be off around xmas so maybe then I can find something and also get a fresh layer of paint on those scratches.

#9 ·
dragonplayboy said:
I'd also reccommend finding the same bolts that are rounded head with a torx inset instead of a standard hex bolt, that way you'd be a lot less likely to shear one of those things off (or worse)
If you do use torx bolts, make sure to put some anti sieze you can easily round them out. I hated them on my old jeep, would have replaced them all if I didn't sell it first

#10 ·
S_e_X-Terra said:
What the heck!!! if you had skids i would have loved to take them off your hands!! :cussing:
I guess several people would have based on the PMs I've received. BoonDox is only a short drive from me. Shipping this stuff would be a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.