Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to bring back the appearance of the stock plastic bumpers. The bumpers on my wife's X are getting pretty faded and would like to see if there something that can restore the urban "luster."

·
on line
315 Posts
I've heard Mother's Back to Black works well. Also, peanut butter (no, I'm not joking) seems to be a good short-term fix for it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
$9 AUTOZONE Wal Mart Wax Called ICE by Turltlewax. Get the real Wax not the quick detailer spray. Wax on, wipe off new for long time, cheap cheap! Also does the inside plastic does not leave a white dust on anything. You no likey I buy from you! 1 Bottle does like 45 X bumpers and interiors.
MC

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, I would love to do a Shrock bumper but to be honest, it would be waisted my wife's X. She beats her truck up! It looks like she shares the interior with 25 other people - and none of them clean up after themselves. No, the shrock will have to wait until I get mine.

I've heard about the peanut butter idea. That's due to the oil content.

I've also read good things about the ICE product on this board and seems like I could get other uses out of it as well.....and cheap is never a bad thing!

Thanks for the help all!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
That is how my wife is with her car. Of course she got all pissed at me because I backed into it with my X the other day and scuffed up the front bumper.

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
I found this stuff. Haven't tried it yet, but it appears to be just what we need to take out scratches in our interior and/or exterior plastics surfaces;
http://tops4less.com/heavy-plastic-scratch-remover.html

According to "Novus" product information it states that it is perfect for plastic dashboards and instrument panels. It also states that with repeated use it can restore faded plastic finishes and remove discoloration, (i.e. exterior plastic).

I'm going to try some and will let you know what happens.

·
on line
117 Posts
Penetrol. Found at local hardware store (Home Depot for me)

I used it on my Jeep fenders (notorious for fading).
They look new now. I used it on all plastic parts of the Jeep.
The Xterra hasnt started to look bad, so I havent tried it yet.

This is used to restore oil based paint I think.
Many Jeep guys use it for thier fender flares and hard tops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts