Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Stock Bumper Chop

74K views 151 replies 34 participants last post by  Andrew D 
#1 ·
With all the mods and how to's, funny this is a mod I've never seen discussed before. Been seeing this around more and more. Collected a few pics around, social media. sorry if I stole pics of your X without asking.
I think it looks badass and an aftermarket bumper is worth almost as much as my X.

I prefer when the cut is as close to the foglight as possible and there is still a certain thickness in the fender well. I'd like to try and heat/bend the edge inward so I could incorporate the fender liner maybe. Maybe that would look bad. Thoughts?

See less See more
#6 ·
I have some questions... hows it look from the side? is there a way to wrap the plastic around/ under so that there isnt gaps behind there the front bumper is cut?

how much stuff behind it needs to be removed? is there metal cutting involved? if so how much?

#138 ·
I have some questions... hows it look from the side? is there a way to wrap the plastic around/ under so that there isnt gaps behind there the front bumper is cut?

how much stuff behind it needs to be removed? is there metal cutting involved? if so how much?

Attachments

#12 ·
If you look at the first pic there is a small section that needs cutting at the bottom. Basically the ends of the lower section. There's not a whole lot to the plastic bumpers.

The bumpers are a bit different. You cant swap them. And if you compare the pre and post 09 bumpers, the foglights are place slightly higher in the new one, meaning the 05-08 has more bumper above it...

#15 · (Edited)
I didn’t think the bumper support bar stuck out that much but it clearly does. I wouldn’t want to do that personally, that could compromise the front safety in a crash. With that said, you can have my front bumper support bar to chop up if you want to experiment with, its just sitting in my garage collecting dust and rust.

#23 ·
The liner was a little easier on mine because I had already stretched it out to match the fender trimming to clear the 35s but if you go slow and stretch slowly it will easily attach to the fender inner well and simply move the mounting clip on the bumper up by just drilling a new hole and moving the clip and cutting off the end of the bumper support .

#24 · (Edited)
The liner was a little easier on mine because I had already stretched it out to match the fender trimming to clear the 35s but if you go slow and stretch slowly it will easily attach to the fender inner well and simply move the mounting clip on the bumper up by just drilling a new hole and moving the clip and cutting off the end of the bumper support . View attachment 125421 View attachment 125419 View attachment 125420

oh man thanks for these pics! very helpful!

thats actually really cleanly done! kudos!

#80 ·
Howdy Shaun, I have a couple questions regarding how you did your fog lights. Did you just trim the bezel off the fog light mount and epoxy/ attach it to the front of the and use the mounting portion behind the bumper?I like the way you did that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.