Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Isn't there a winch that will mount behind the factory bumper also?
This was the first thing that crossed my mind upon reading this thread. I've been considering one of those winch carriers for awhile, but haven't pulled the trigger because they don't rid me of the bulk of the factory bumper, this is a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
I experimented with a milder chop. If the others are a thong, mine is just hiking its skirt up a bit lol. If it doesn't give me the approach angles I want, I can still to the full chop.
Heated with a heat gun along the crease, and trimmed a few relief cuts to get it to fold, then epoxied the tab so it would hold.
It allowed me to keep the lower metal bumper pieces, and the fog lights. Trimmed/folded the fender liner and was able to attach it like it does in stock form.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I experimented with a milder chop. If the others are a thong, mine is just hiking its skirt up a bit lol. If it doesn't give me the approach angles I want, I can still to the full chop.
Heated with a heat gun along the crease, and trimmed a few relief cuts to get it to fold, then epoxied the tab so it would hold.
It allowed me to keep the lower metal bumper pieces, and the fog lights. Trimmed/folded the fender liner and was able to attach it like it does in stock form.
View attachment 127514
View attachment 127511
View attachment 127515
View attachment 127513
View attachment 127516
That looks slick, I may start with that, and work my way to "third base" lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So I guess that settles it? This new mod will be named the Thong or Skirt Bumper Mod depending on how naughty your X wants to be lol :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
So I guess that settles it? This new mod will be named the Thong or Skirt Bumper Mod depending on how naughty your X wants to be lol :p
Soon we'll be seeing posts -

"Hiked up my skirt this weekend!"

or

"I got thonged yesterday!"

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
View attachment 127514
View attachment 127511
View attachment 127515
View attachment 127513
View attachment 127516
You did it once..... now come do mine. ;)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Seems like a lucrative short term business to buy up some used bumpers and do this chop mod for re-sale for members not confident in their chopping skills.
Shipping would be horrendous, though. Not worth it then.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Im still planning on doing this, there is just too many more important things on the list as of late.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd like to do it as well, but I think I'd have funds available to buy another bumper cover in case I sneeze while cutting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up a used cover at the local pick-n-pull prior to attempting mine. It turned out fine and I still have the original, unmolested cover. Its free for the taking, I'll in the greater Sacramento area, I'm just not willing to ship.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
882 Posts
At your front bumper!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
MartinX: At your front bumper!
I suspect Silversurfer was looking for a bit more direction than your reply provided.

Reactions: Silver_Surfer
81 - 100 of 125 Posts