Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haven’t had a chance to go somewhere pitch black to really check them out but they look to be shooting out wider than they did stock
Less like this > l l
more like this > \ /

·
Registered
140 Posts
The liner was a little easier on mine because I had already stretched it out to match the fender trimming to clear the 35s but if you go slow and stretch slowly it will easily attach to the fender inner well and simply move the mounting clip on the bumper up by just drilling a new hole and moving the clip and cutting off the end of the bumper support .

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The liner was a little easier on mine because I had already stretched it out to match the fender trimming to clear the 35s but if you go slow and stretch slowly it will easily attach to the fender inner well and simply move the mounting clip on the bumper up by just drilling a new hole and moving the clip and cutting off the end of the bumper support . View attachment 125421 View attachment 125419 View attachment 125420

oh man thanks for these pics! very helpful!

thats actually really cleanly done! kudos!

·
Registered
140 Posts
And for figuring out the cut lines I just used the factory fog light hole for the round radius and pulled lines away from it at a angle , it almost lined up with the bulky body panel that lies behind it , saw no reason to go higher because it actually doesn’t create any more clearance

·
Registered
792 Posts
that's pretty bad ass. I love the overall look, not sure i like the exposed plastic edges though. any concerns about exposing more of the underbody?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where I moved my fog lights is right above the crash bar mounting point and that looks to be right about where the inside of your cut line is so probably a couple more inches outboard will be right at the edge of the frame .

21 - 40 of 60 Posts