Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vibration at highway speeds. I read a few threads and seemed u joints were the probable culprit. They all had a little play so replaced them all. Still shakes at highway speed. The interesting thing is I loaded about 5-600 pounds of trash into the truck and the vibration is all but gone now with the extra weight anyone have any ideas other than driving around with trash. My hundred mile a day commute is pretty crappy with a shaking truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
you could maybe try some rear axle shims. if the weight in the rear made it stop vibrating, maybe changing the angle on the rear diff will make the vibes go away. i actually have a pair of shims if u want them...just pay for the shipping.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Have you done the basics? Balanced the tires? Checked for irregular wear or cupping etc?
Have you lacked up the front of the truck and checked for worn or loose suspension components?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
He mentioned he was bone stock. My assumptions would be wheel bearing or wheel weight was tossed.

Do you feel the shacking in the steering wheel or the seat? If steering wheel, it might be one of your front tires. Try a full rotation. See if the shaking 'moves'.

If you still feel it in the steering wheel, may be a hub.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
371 Posts
I am currently fighting with this, as well.
Vibration, highway speeds. However, it only happens when I let OFF the gas.
U-joints are fine as well as tire balancing.
My fear is that the spline is bad.

'06 OR, Manual tranny. 106k miles

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Bone stock vibration only on acceleration
Posted via Mobile Device
Key statement: vibration only on acceleration. With that, its gotta be something with the driveline. How intense is the vibration? Feel like going over rumble strips / shaking or more like a buzzing?

·
Registered
378 Posts
My husband has this problem with his Titan. It does it around 70 km/h and then also around 90 km/h on highways. Looks like it's pretty common with Titans, more people complaining about that on Titan forum :-( It bothers us too when driving it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts