Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about customizing the stereo in the X, and I want something permanent that I don't have to remove when I go off-roading, surfing, Mt biking etc. This lead me to think about the Rockford Fosgate Stereo package, more specifically the sub box that goes underneath the drivers seat. What size sub is that they put in there? Is there room for one of the newer ultra thin subs to replace the stock one?

If it works, I was thinking about buying one of the sub boxes and a high quality ultra thin sub for it, and leaving that under the drivers seat. Then replacing all the stock speakers, and have an amp hidden somewhere in the car as well. I do plan on doing the work myself, but I don't know about the specs (depth, width, etc) that the sub box allows. Anyways...suggestions on this and ideas would be more then welcome.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great location as well. I have worked on stereos in the past, and having built a few custom boxes myself I have contemplated the idea of making a full custom box like that, though with a wood frame and fiberglass (etc) though the effort level would be a lot more, and I was hoping to see what the under seat sub option could be.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Erick said:
That's a great location as well. I have worked on stereos in the past, and having built a few custom boxes myself I have contemplated the idea of making a full custom box like that, though with a wood frame and fiberglass (etc) though the effort level would be a lot more, and I was hoping to see what the under seat sub option could be.
If all else fails you could go to a dealership and look at one with the RF package to get some ideas, however I am sure someone will post a pic.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well here is thenewx.org's 1st stereo upgrade by MC. No ideas ahead of time. http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1803
I love the location of the sub, I was so busy making the box I didn't notice the 12V plug, have to move that when I am bored one day. I get mega bass out of this, so much it is incredible! I have a 1000 watt amp pictured in thread under the floor in rear powering it. Still use cargo bay!

Few regrets on install. Sounds terrific! MC

·
on line
37 Posts
I installed a sub under the drivers seat. It fits perfectly next to the heater duct. I also have a 6" bazooka tube i plan on mounting in the same place that MC has his custom box. I am awaiting some mounts for it right now. As soon as i have the mounts i will post some pix. If that doesnt work, a custom box like MC's is going to go in(i had the bazooka from a previous install). I also installed a Kenwood DPX501 (sounds great, plus i have my satelite and Ipod hooked up to it) and i am waiting on my component speakers that should arrive this week as well. Depending on how the component speakers sound i might also put in a 2 channel amp to flow some more power through the new front speakers. If you guys want i will post some picks of the component install. I havent seen anyone here do it yet.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
We always want pics of installs. Ideas ideas ideas.
The Bazooka would be good if it fits in that area. The box I built was very time consuming. Started out easy and I kept adding things to do, cover, emblems. The matching Vinyl took the most time. MC

·
on line
37 Posts
I am really hoping the mounts that bazooka makes work out. I plan i painting the sub black so it matches the xterra. It looks like it should work.. lets all start praying...

i will post some pix tomorrow night of the radio, amp, and bazooka(if i get the clamps tomorrow)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts