Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got a stereo for my birthday to instal in my x. it is DEH-X3500UI Pioneer. MY few questions are. Which is the most well made dash radio kit for 2005 X. From what I found there were only some cheaply made dash kits. Second, are there any wire harnesses for the pioneer to the 2005 X? I don't mind cut the cables but I have no idea what goes where? I'm only guessing xterra 4 cables together are the speakers but how do I match the power cables since all color codes are different? i have no knowledge of setting this up so any detailed help would be helpful. Thank You.

·
on line
612 Posts
There are definitely wiring harnesses out there for the X that will plug right into the 2 plugs that came out of your stock radio. Do a search on either Amazon or SonicElectronics.com. Most of the wires on the harnesses should match the colors of the wires on the harness that came with your Pioneer unit. I actually just did a radio install for another forum member this past weekend and it was cake. Also, if you're not that great at soldering or crimping I highly suggest looking into Posi-Lock connectors... They're worth every penny!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You wont realy need to get the wire harness kit but it makes it alot easier to install . You can cut the wires off that need to be spliced into the aftermarket radio wore harness.... I just tossed out the wire diagrams for the base and S models that i used to install a radio in mine the other day . If you can wait untill tomorow i can post it up for ya . Basicaly if you want to save a couple bucks just get the install kit and skip the harness. Or get both..

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Should be pretty easy,like those other guys said. The green and purple wires (4 of them total) are for your speakers, you're right. The other ones you should still be able to match the colors up. If you're not color blind it should be fairly simple. If you are, just match the similar shades of grey together.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys I got this adapter and cables.. everything works as it should be. Only thing that is annoying is when I have a radio on when the car is off and turn the car on radio restarts..any ideas? Not a problem but I was wondering..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
When you have the radio on with the car off?

So are you able to turn the radio on at any time? Or do you mean when you crank the engine the radio restarts? Because that is normal - the battery voltage drops when pulling that much current to start the engine.

If you really want to prevent that you can do something like this in Figure 2
http://oreilly.com/pub/h/3649
Except instead of a computer it is the head unit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can turn the radio on only when ignition is half on. Computer starts but the engine is off. Then when I crank it radio restarts. Thanks :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts