on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I just replace the speakers with these:
Front:
Boston Acoustics S95

Rear:
Boston Acoustics SX55

Or should I get a component system? I do not want to run an amp and i do not know what a crossover is any help woudl be great.

Boston Acoustics Pro50

I will be running a Eclipse AVN5435 i bought from max6spd

·
on line
1,574 Posts
componet if your willing to spend the money, i would 100% suggest it

·
on line
2,077 Posts
a component system would sound much better, it will allow you to hear more highs and crisper sounds.

the crossovers are a type of filter that splits the audio signal into different frequencies allowing the speakers (tweeters and the 6 1/2", 6x9, etc) to play different frequencies of sound.

boston makes some good speakers, i would suggest going to an audio store and listening to the differences between components and non-component speakers.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what an install on a component system would entail? Where would i put the crossover how woudl it be wired? Would i have to replace all the factory wiring?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
read around this area of the forum, many have done components

i went with polk audio 6x9s that had built-in dual tweeters, no extra wiring necessary, except just hook up the external crossover that was included.

others have installed new component tweeters where the stock tweeters go in the dash, that involves running a little more wiring for the crossovers.

overall, install should be something you can handle if you have a little experience with electronics.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Your going to have much better sound out of an amplified component system then just runningh it straight off the HU. It'll sound better than stock without the amp, but will come alive with it. If your not wanting to run an amp, look for a set with low RMS numbers.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is the best place to learn about car audio? Books, Magazines, internet suggestions?

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i would go to crutchfield.com. theyre amazing. also, i would strongly suggest ordering from them. free shipping, good prices. and above all, their customer service is top notch. you can call them, and they wont hang up untail your system is fully functional. i say this from expirence, many, many times. they truely are experts, and some of the nicest people to talk to thru the phone.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i've never talked to the people at crutchfield, but i would also suggest starting there, they have customer reviews, detailed how-tos and manuals online for just about every part you will need. they also have a lot of supplimental information.

·
on line
114 Posts
willgr1 said:
others have installed new component tweeters where the stock tweeters go in the dash, that involves running a little more wiring for the crossovers.
And the fabrication of custom mounts.

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to go they componets up front and 2way speakers for the rear anyone know where i can Rainbow Audio products online?

·
on line
4,495 Posts
MachineHead said:
Not that hard, just some small peices of Lexan from Home Depot can do the trick. Plus if you order from Crutchfield they'll even supply the 6x9 to 6.5 adapter plate.

·
on line
114 Posts
Peck said:
MachineHead said:
Not that hard, just some small peices of Lexan from Home Depot can do the trick. Plus if you order from Crutchfield they'll even supply the 6x9 to 6.5 adapter plate.
I was refering to the tweeters actually. Although Lexan will work for that too. I used 1/4" oak myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts