Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 off road with rockford fosgate system and the radio stopped working the other day, after replacing fuse under hood the radio now powers on and works but the speakers are extremely quiet. When I have the volume cranked you can barely hear the music and the fm/am doesnt work just CD and AUX. I have gone through all fuses and am starting to pull my hair out, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
let me know if you end up needing a new deck. I got my RF stereo in the closet ready for someone else who might want them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the amplifier under the seat have a separate fuse, that would explain the very low volume. Get the factory manual and make sure that 12v is present at the amp connector.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Yes. Pull up on the upper tray. Then there will be 3 screws. Remove them and pull straight out on the center unit. It will all come out in one piece.
His is a 2008. The surround with the AC controls comes off and the head unit is still attached to the dash. Have to remove 4 more screws to get it loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im having a similar problem with my stock system. Front Right door speaker and dash tweeter play music very quietly. If I Fade F and Bal R and turn the volume all the way up, I can hear a little bit of sound coming out of both speakers. I pulled the stereo and reseated plugs, still not working.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you check continuity on the ground at the amp? I had one go bad at the radio and had to run a new one. With the low volume it sounds like the radio is powering on but not the amp. I believe they are fairly high level outputs from the radio which is why you would still hear some volume from the speakers.

Edit: I would also check the +ve leads to the amp with a multimeter while you're down there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts