Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really think my X would look much better without the side rails but i wanted to get everyones opinion on it first heres a pic with them

yay or nay?

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bwarren228 said:
It takes about 10 minutes tops to take them off... I say just see for yourself if you like it. BTW, nice X!
thanks dude i wish nissan would make xterra with a nismo version that would be nice but hey my wife has a nismo so its all good :blackeye:

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I say nay but thats just me... Nice lookin rig by the way man

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I moved this since it wasn't really a poll.

SikX, if you would like to make it a poll, I'll move it back.

I also changed the title to something a little more informative.

·
on line
316 Posts
sikX said:
i really think my X would look much better without the side rails but i wanted to get everyones opinion on it first heres a pic with them

yay or nay?
If you never plan to offroad it then leave them on, otherwise replace them with sliders that are chromed. :p

·
on line
704 Posts
Nay. They serve no purpose. Stock X is not high enough to have issues with getting in.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Muzikman said:
I moved this since it wasn't really a poll.

SikX, if you would like to make it a poll, I'll move it back.

I also changed the title to something a little more informative.
indeed good job at correcting it :cheers:

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i believe i will take them off thank you all for your input but i do like shadows black nerf bars but without them it looks like it has more clearance but yeah no more rails for my black beauty lol

·
on line
142 Posts
I have the same black nerf bars from Hunter that Shadow has and I like them on my Solar Yellow X. Yes, they are lower than the stock ones so no serious wheeling for sure. And I have found that they are very helpful when someone parks really close to you. They make it easy to squeeze in by allowing you to barely open the door.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
I save have them painted black! your X looks really nice and i bet Black step rails will compliment it well...

- j

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jasontamu said:
I save have them painted black! your X looks really nice and i bet Black step rails will compliment it well...

- j
thanks dude well im just gonna keep them on until someone wants to purchase them and once they are off i will eventually get some black ones :compress:

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lowhombre said:
want to sell them?
well jasontamu wants them and hes gonna be able to pick them up within two weeks unless u can come and get them before then i will sell them to you

·
on line
2,876 Posts
I say yay for two reasons:

1) i need to get to the top of the X to wash/wax her.

2) prevents door dings since the steps protude further off the truck than anything else a door from some ignoramus will hit it first and stop most of the time..

now 1 can be done away with if I just get a small step ladder and use it when wasjing/waxing the top.

2 isn't so easily removed because how do you protect your doors from dings by idiots??? i park already in the farthest corner but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.....

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
silverflash said:
I say yay for two reasons:

1) i need to get to the top of the X to wash/wax her.

2) prevents door dings since the steps protude further off the truck than anything else a door from some ignoramus will hit it first and stop most of the time..

now 1 can be done away with if I just get a small step ladder and use it when wasjing/waxing the top.

2 isn't so easily removed because how do you protect your doors from dings by idiots??? i park already in the farthest corner but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.....
I will be ordering my black nerf bars by this week. Once they arrive i will replace them and put the old ones for sale! i think i just dont like the stock ones :compress: all your reasons were precise and correct but if i took it offroad then there would be a problem ha ha but i dont i also hate mudflaps which i dont have oh and body side moldings too even though it saves dings they look horrible

1 - 20 of 31 Posts