Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running steel wheels here? I am interested in the Series 152 Black wheel at 4wheelparts.com. I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the wheels. Also, since I have no lift, I should probably stay with a 16x7 width instead of an 8" width so I will not rub with 265's right? The wheels would be 16x7, 6 on 4.5 with a 4 Backspacing. That should work without any problems right?

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xterra37.... are there any drawbacks to steel wheels that maybe you have heard of? Are they just as strong as alloy wheels? thanks again

·
on line
3,262 Posts
you will still have problems... its not the backspacing or lug pattern that is the concern. As far as I know you are okay there... but the hub pad is what you need to be concerned with. I really dont know a good way to explain it without pictures.... maybe someone else here can help him out.

The reason why 8th man and pony boy can run these is because they have different axles than us... they did a SAS.

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gotcha.....do spacers cause any problems that would normally not occur if you have factory wheels? I do not plan on doing any xterme off-roading. Just very lite stuff, if any. Where would I be able to pick up spacers from by the way? Also, how far would the wheels stick out with the spacers?

·
on line
155 Posts
I have 18"x9" wheels (Moto Metal's on my avitar). I had 275/65R18 (32"'s)stock with no rubbing whatsoever. A lot easier than finding 16's that will work. I still have enough sidewall to protect against curbs and to air down in the sand. Willing to give more info later... I have a grilled cheese sandwich waiting for me now.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well, i dont think that you have that much sidewall protection if you have 18's on 32 inch tires...

But thats just my opinion.

As for the spacers... you can get them from 1/2" all the way up to 2" (i think). Im not sure where to buy them but i think spider tracks (or trax... or whatever) has some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts