Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of using Herculiner for mine. The difference with this is that its a brush on application which allows for more fine detail varrying by the application. Based on what i've read with the duplicolor not being as resistant to abrassion as other bed liners, I've decided to give the Herc a shot. Next weekend should be a fun time for me experimenting with this. :geek:

·
on line
89 Posts
Nice. Im excited to see how this turns out. Do you think you will have any problem with coat thickness differences creating weight differences on the wheels? I heard something about that but i don't think it would be a problem.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the007forum said:
Nice. Im excited to see how this turns out. Do you think you will have any problem with coat thickness differences creating weight differences on the wheels? I heard something about that but i don't think it would be a problem.
As long as you apply it evenly and apply the same number of coats it shouldn't cause an issue. That was the one thing i was worried about too initially but to be honest I think you can run into the same problem doing the spray can technique if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing.

·
on line
807 Posts
hmmm.... I've never used the product, but rolling a thick bedcoating onto your wheels just doesn't sound like a good idea. I can't see how you wouldn't have balancing issues.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I agree with Steve. I would be worried about balancing after applying the thick Herculiner coats to the wheels.

The reason I used Bedliner spray was the lightness of each individual coat and of course the price. And, my bedlined Stealth wheels have held up great to some very extreme wheeling in mud, dirt and and rock crawling.

But, if you're courageous, then give it a go and let us know the results.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
x3. My experience applying roll-on bedliner, has always been a frustrating struggle of fighting runs and puddles. I will not consider applying roll-on bedliner to my wheels. I'm going with Duplicolor as soon as the snow is gone.

·
on line
3,754 Posts
i have a question for anyone who has done the Duplicolor. and had it done for a while.

how has the Duplicolor held up to the sun. i know Line-X in pick up beds fades after a while to a light gray. has any bodys wheels faded at all? this one of the deciding factors before i do this in the spring.

·
on line
432 Posts
Mine are dusty. When I wipe them off without much effort they are back to a nice deep black. Been stealthed for... 3 months.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a closer look at my friends exterior herc lining. This shit just spells disaster for wheels. Count that idea out. :(

·
on line
1,054 Posts
08XOR said:
i have a question for anyone who has done the Duplicolor. and had it done for a while.

how has the Duplicolor held up to the sun. i know Line-X in pick up beds fades after a while to a light gray. has any bodys wheels faded at all? this one of the deciding factors before i do this in the spring.
I lived in Arizona at the time that my rims were bed-linered. I did have some white haze on one side cause i was parked at that angle in my drive-way when the sun came down...however, I use Black Magic Tire shine and a old paintbrush, I do that once every 3-4 weeks and it keeps the nice dark tone and looks very sharp.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
contenderv07 said:
Midnightblue54 said:
I took a closer look at my friends exterior herc lining. This **** just spells disaster for wheels. Count that idea out. :(
x2 and per your avatar...derka derka derka :cheers:
:geek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts