Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I can't stop messing with truck. I have the mod-bug so bad that I am on two medications and an IV drip. Thanks to Bobby from NeXterra for the tips and info on this cheap, easy mod!

Enjoy what I have done so far. It got too dark to start the rear, but tomorrow I will finish.

·
on line
807 Posts
Dang that looks good. There are a lot of people doing this now, but I have got to get in on the action. That'll look sweet with my new rotors and painted calipers.

Edit... wait, your is West Chester. My parents and girlfriend both live in Exton, I so am in that area every weekend. We should meet up so I can see those things in person.

·
on line
612 Posts
I don't think that's powdercoat, it looks more like herculiner or some other type of coating along those lines.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Just curious, is this going to turn into a how-to, or just pictures? If no how-to, then I am going to move this.

Looks good. I need to paint my wheels bad. The rock rash makes them look like crap.

·
on line
429 Posts
Muzikman said:
Just curious, is this going to turn into a how-to, or just pictures? If no how-to, then I am going to move this.

Looks good. I need to paint my wheels bad. The rock rash makes them look like crap.
I was thinking about painting my spare off-road wheels. But I'm worried that any new rock rash will be MORE noticable against black paint than it is now on the Aluminum.

I probably will paint them someday anyways though.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got so busy with work I have post-poned the rear wheels. But, when I finish them later this week I will have photos and directions to make this a true "how to".

Stay tuned Xers!

·
on line
3,333 Posts
stevet47 said:
Edit... wait, your is West Chester. My parents and girlfriend both live in Exton, I so am in that area every weekend. We should meet up so I can see those things in person.
I work in Exton live in Cochranville... sorta back towards Lancaster and I play in a v-ball league in West Chester. Small world.

Edit- I also substitute in a bowling league at Garden Spot in Strasburg. I know I know bowling and v-ball.. I am a pretty extreme dude.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
tim13con said:
stevet47 said:
I work in Exton live in Cochranville... sorta back towards Lancaster and I play in a v-ball league in West Chester. Small world.

Edit- I also substitute in a bowling league at Garden Spot in Strasburg. I know I know bowling and v-ball.. I am a pretty extreme dude.
hey, if it's beach volley ball with bikini clad women and naked coed bowling, then more power to you...if not then yeah, your comment stands :geek:

·
on line
10,133 Posts
I started doing this mod today. Being that I want to do it right the first time, it took me roughly all day to do the prep work on 4 wheels. Right now, they are all sanded/scuffed and taped up...ready for paint. I will be painting tomorrow. Anyway, I'll try to post pics and a write up by Monday or Tuesday.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
i have the tire off the rims and i think this is the way to go. it seems like it would be a bear to do it with the tires on the rims. the only downside is that you can only guesstimate as to where the tire will sit on the rim. I may have to touch up the edge of the rim once the tires are on.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Creek, I'll be honest, the best and most sufficient way to do it is to leave the tire on the rim. I did the left side of my truck tire off of rim and right side on rim, reason being is i only had two jacks, lol, so two tires at a time.

reason i say leave tires on is because you can do just as good with tire off, also, it does take time for the bed liner to cure, if you do it to soon you'll have the tires rubbing against your fresh surface on the lip of the rim. I wound up redoing two of my rims due to this, unless you have a good day or two to allow for curing, that's your best bet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts