Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one quick question, I want to do this mod this weekend, but the temperature here is only going to be around 50 (maybe a little less). Is it still ok to spray this stuff on when it says it needs to be around 65?? I know this is probably a stupid question but I wanna do this right the first time

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn, so I couldn't spray it then move it inside??? Don't worry the fumes won't kill my brain cells :cyclopsani:

·
on line
750 Posts
IMO, it's more the surface temps of the item you are spraying that matters more than air temps after application..but I could easily be wrong.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BioTerra said:
IMO, it's more the surface temps of the item you are spraying that matters more than air temps after application..but I could easily be wrong.
ok so what I could do is take them off, sit out in the direct sunlight to sand them, let them heat up, then start spraying OR I just breathe on them for an hour or so :cheers:

·
on line
5,614 Posts
contenderv07 said:
BioTerra said:
ok so what I could do is take them off, sit out in the direct sunlight to sand them, let them heat up, then start spraying OR I just breathe on them for an hour or so :cheers:
the air temp whilst your spraying will make your paint come out of the rattle can all spoogie - you'll get like a splatter effect. Plus its more apt to run. OH yeah your nozzle will clog a lot.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I have a garage, but I'm gonna have to take the freakin yak rack off to get it in. I'll just have to take the rack off and try it out. I also might get a little space heater to heat up the inside of the garage

·
on line
2,004 Posts
contenderv07 said:
well I have a garage, but I'm gonna have to take the freakin yak rack off to get it in. I'll just have to take the rack off and try it out. I also might get a little space heater to heat up the inside of the garage

dude,. just take the wheels off, and do it that way. one at a time. u don't plan on painting ur rotors bedliner also?

·
on line
707 Posts
When I did mine it was too cold, but was sunny so I allowed the wheels to warm up and alternated between using two cans, one in the house while the other was in use to keep it warm. I would have used the garage but its the only somewhat level spot I had to jack the X up and between that and exercise equipment etc there wasn't enough room.

If I had it to do over again I would have made more room in the garage and done it in there.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'll get a space heater and let it run over night then pull the X in, and do the mod. I sure hope my car fits (length wise), and don't ask, we're still in a legal battle over that (for a year and a half), BUT I think that's where I'm gonna get the money for the rear bumper, sliders, bils and deaver

·
on line
432 Posts
I jacked my X up outside and rolled the wheels into my garage. Then used a heater to get the temp above 60 in there. Just turn off the heater when you start spraying to avoid those nasty fume explosions and you'll be good. :D

·
on line
30 Posts
I am sure this question has been covered before but where do you get the stealth spray. and how does it hold up to scratching from offroading.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's the dupli color truck lining spray, you can get it at Advance Auto. It SHOULD be tough from what other people say, but if it scratches, just get more spray and touch it up. I'm taking a break from doing this mod right now. I'll post pics when I'm done, which will probably be tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts