Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen them for the X? They might be the same as the Fronter or Pathfinder.

I measured, and soft lines are about 14" long. It's just a matter of getting the right fittings on each end.

Does Nissan use the same fittings on any of their other cars or trucks? (wishful thinking considering our wheels and diff ratios) Maybe there are parts out there already. I'm going to try and dig, but any help or experience is appreciated.

Z.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The bigger question, is that for all 4 corners?

I am running stainless braid lines in the back and it hasn't been a problem for the VDC.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the w/o VDC is a misprint. Doesn't every X made now have VDC?

When I was doing my research b4 buying the X I though even the S model had it. It is standard equipment on all models, X through SE, on the '07s too.

Gen 1 Xs had it optional.

The kit includes 6 lines. So I would figure that's all 4 wheels. I'm going to look around. Woo hoo! Another reason to look under the hood!

Z.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ha! There are 4 soft lines in the rear; 2 from the body to the axle and 2 from the axle to the calipers. Up front are the other 2 in the usual place.

I also noticed that the hydraulic clutch is fed from the master cylinder and there is a bleed valve there too. Another hard line comes from the master and disappears. I think i would have to drop my skids to find where it goes.

Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts