Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive gone offroading only a couple times since I got it new in december and now I have constant creaking in my suspension ive tried jacking up the back end and spraying it with penetrating oil but it only lasts for a couple days and still only gets rid of some of the creaking. Anybody have ideas its sounds like my truck is 10 years old

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you have to get in there and get any lingering dirt out from between the leafs and use a graphite spray like slip-plate to lubricate and leaf pack and the rear shackles. it's not uncommon when dirt gets in there. USMC Xterra posted a how-to on doing this type of maintenance.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Make sure you didnt bend anything in on the lower control arms. I smashed one of mine on a rock at R. Creek and didnt even know it. I thought i had squeaky leaf springs but i didnt. I bent a piece of steel back into the lca . The tab that is in the front lca mount right by the cam bolt. Took it apart, bent it back, no more squeak.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill check to make sure that nothing is bent i havent hit anything but my foot slipped off the brake going over a section of bumps that went downhill so i rolled a little bit fast and when i hit the next bump i shot the back end up almost completly off the ground to where everything in the truck came out of where its stored and bottomed out when i came down and i have a clunk when i turn too sharp and make the body roll a little im not sure if that its just because the suspension has rust and a little dirt in the nooks and crannies.

·
on line
1,522 Posts
Go under your X and push up on the fuel tank if you hear a squeak than this is the problem Nissan has a TSB out on the fuel pump in the tank that comes loose and causes a squeaky noise when going over small bumps. Hope this helps.

TSB No.:06030 NHTSA No.:10019625 TSB Date:March 30, 2006 Date Added to File:April 5, 2006
Failing Component:
Fuel System, Gasoline:Delivery:Fuel Pump
Summary:
Squeak from fuel pump.

·
on line
1,681 Posts
what year do you have? how many miles?

edit: just realized how old this was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts