Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a little trip 2 weekends ago up the north shore of Lake Superior where I live. My wife and I rented a condo in Schroeder and had a relaxing weekend. We decided to do some scouting for spring fishing/camping/WHEELING. It was the first time on these trails for me with my new X. Considering what I had to put into building my last truck to get me into those places, the X was amazing. Most of the trails/logging roads had seen no traffic since winter. There was still a good amount of snow on the ground in some spots, and the inland lakes still have ice. The camera only came out a few times while we were wheeling. Enjoy!!!

First few are on trail to unnamed lake somewhere north of Grand Marais, Minnesota. Yes I'm being vague.

Public Access to Thompson Lake, north of Grand Marais, Minnesota. I need a lift kit!

Campground at the Poplar River, north of Lutsen, Minnesota.

The mouth of the Temperence River, Tofte, Minnesota.

The mouth of the Temperence River, Tofte, Minnesota.

A rock cairn. I didn't make it, a lot of engineering went into that.

Artist's Point, Grand Marais, Minnesota.

Artist's Point, Grand Marais, Minnesota

A little lake, that will remain nameless, and is very difficult to find.

John Galt's avatar. Who was there first???? This Guy!!!!

·
on line
564 Posts
Nery nice...Awesome pics!

Rob

·
on line
631 Posts
wow. i like the pics of the lake. the water looks so calm. such beautiful scenery!

·
on line
551 Posts
Great job on the pic's.
Gotta keep those great fishing spots a secret lest they get ruined.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
norshor said:
Thanks for all of the kind words. My wife takes most of the pics. At least the good ones anyway, I drive :compress:
LOL, same here. As my wife said in a recent e-mail... she loves four-wheeling, as long as she can be out of the rig taking pictures. But hey, that is cool with me!

Cool pics. Now get in the garage and finish those sliders!

·
on line
82 Posts
Great pictures! Very beautiful country on the Northern shore.

My family and I go up there regularly (once or twice a year) for vacation at the ski lodges (off season). We do some hiking into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (B.W.C.A.) and often have to navigate the forest roads to get to the secluded spots. Some of the Geocaches in that area are breath-taking and take you to places you may not have gone normally. My dad found an old logging camp with some structures that had been abandoned for a long time.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
norshor said:
lostboy said:
makes me want to get up north this spring for sure.
Get up here dude. I see John Galt about three times a month, we all need to get out. Too many good trails too miss.
yeah I have too, we'll see how this new baby thing plays out. I already have a few solo trips away from the wife and kid planned and don't know how many more I can get away with. Maybe I can talk her into coming along.

Anyone know what its like camping with a 2 week - 2 month old :geek:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let me know if you can. I understand that your gonna be pretty busy for awhile. Let me know if you get up this way. Would be great to get a meet together. Congrats by the way!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts