Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was leaving Mono Lake this afternoon there was a silver OR with aftermarket front and rear bumpers and sliders in the parking lot next to me. The rear bumper had a tire carrier and 2 5 gallon fuel cans. Looked slightly lifted and there was a black roof rack box heavily covered with Moab/Utah stickers. California plates.

A few hours later you were then following me for a while from Gardnerville to where 89 splits off of 88. You stayed on 88 and I turned onto 89. I was in the rather stock looking black OR and gave you a thumbs up as you passed. Nice truck.

·
on line
236 Posts
As I was leaving Mono Lake this afternoon there was a silver OR with aftermarket front and rear bumpers and sliders in the parking lot next to me. The rear bumper had a tire carrier and 2 5 gallon fuel cans. Looked slightly lifted and there was a black roof rack box heavily covered with Moab/Utah stickers. California plates.

A few hours later you were then following me for a while from Gardnerville to where 89 splits off of 88. You stayed on 88 and I turned onto 89. I was in the rather stock looking black OR and gave you a thumbs up as you passed. Nice truck.
That was me! We were on our way home from bishop. I figured you might have been on the on the forums when I got the thumbs up from you.

Looked like we pretty much had the same weekend. Where you guys out exploring the east side? We spent some time camping at the Benton hot springs then climbed in bishop for a bit.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a nice weekend. I've never been to the Benton springs (yet). We were staying at a friend's place for a few days in Mammoth for the new year, plus a night in Tahoe on the way up. OMG the snow pack sucks. Everyone in California better be ready to shower with baby wipes if it keeps up like this.

I was trying to figure out if I could quickly swap out my rear bumper for yours in the Mono Lake parking lot. I decided against trying it. :)

·
on line
14,627 Posts
Heh - Mine looks like any other stock 05 black OR, with a few aftermarket skids. I'll set one up when I start adding bumpers and stuff. :)
..........................."
This is my Xterra. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Xterra is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Xterra, without me, is useless. Without my Xterra, I am useless. I must drive my Xterra true. I must drive better than my compatriots who are trying to outdrive me. I must master the obstacle before it masters me. I will...

My Xterra and I know that what counts in this world is not roads we drive, the noise of our exhaust, nor the heat of our engine. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My Xterra is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its wheel and its brakes. I will keep my Xterra clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Xterra and I are the defenders of the offroad. We are the masters of the trail. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until offroading is America's national pastime and there are no closed trails.
"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts