Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicely done up rig parked next to me last night at the base lodge. I was there for a semi-private shindig and a buddy caught you checking out my rig but we didn't cross paths.

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
That was me. I was up in the area camping and doing a trail clean up. I was doing a walk around cause it’s not often I see another modded X and don’t know who it belongs to.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was me. I was up in the area camping and doing a trail clean up. I was doing a walk around cause it’s not often I see another modded X and don’t know who it belongs to.
So your a magic skier too?

Normally I'm there for the work days (and then some), but I have been trying to finish the house so missed it. I was there that evening for the TGR Ullr party.

·
3,647 Posts
No, I was up in the area as part of a trail clean up, and Toys For Tots benefit. We were camping and we decided to not cook outside cause it was raining.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, I was up in the area as part of a trail clean up, and Toys For Tots benefit. We were camping and we decided to not cook outside cause it was raining.
Were you part of the trail cleanup that Pete organized? You may know my friend Jake, who's a Jeep guy and photographer where I work. I know he has mentioned he has a buddy with an X

·
3,647 Posts
I’m not sure who organized it, but I was part of the clean up. I just met Jake at that event for the first time, solid guy. He’s the one that works for cycling company?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh weird, that's pretty cool though! Yeah Jake and I both work at Cannondale here in CT. He had actually invited me on that trip but I think I had something else planned that weekend. He's apparently got a friend who's on here somewhere, but isn't you

·
3,647 Posts
Ok, was gonna say, I’m not sure I really got to know him enough that day for him to consider me his friend, not in a bad way. Just I’m not much of a people person and tend to come off pretty cold. Guess it’s a byproduct of work.

Also I wasn’t going to out that he worked at Cannondale. Pretty sweet though. You guys make great bikes. I want one of those Slates with the lefty in a bad way. Just too much money.

Stay safe, keep the rubber side down. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have any questions

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dude, no worries! hahah he is our photographer, I am a Lefty service tech. I just put together a SuperX with a Lefty and wheelset off of a Slate, pretty rad bike. Basically the same idea as a Slate, but with a carbon frame. A couple guys here have done that, they've caught the nickname SuperSlate.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
... I am a Lefty service tech.
Small world! Might have been you that rebuilt mine with the 2-spring upgrade a year or so ago. I regret having to sell it when we moved. (New owner is a friend of mine so I get to visit when I'm in the area for work.) It was my all time favorite bike. Still have the light switch cover I made for the garage though... ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Small world! Might have been you that rebuilt mine with the 2-spring upgrade a year or so ago. I regret having to sell it when we moved. (New owner is a friend of mine so I get to visit when I'm in the area for work.) It was my all time favorite bike. Still have the light switch cover I made for the garage though... ;)

Dude! That's a bad ass light switch. And yeah, it surely could have been me, I started there November 2017

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were you part of the trail cleanup that Pete organized? You may know my friend Jake, who's a Jeep guy and photographer where I work. I know he has mentioned he has a buddy with an X
I’m not sure who organized it, but I was part of the clean up. I just met Jake at that event for the first time, solid guy. He’s the one that works for cycling company?
Ripper, kind of confused how you got tied in with the ski trail cleanup if you don;t ski there? My buddy is the Ops manager, so I'm usually around but was swamped trying to finish home renovations.

aStrauss, Jake's last name start with a K? He might be talking about me, kind of a tight group of skiers around here and we definitely know each other

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was a trail cleanup and toy drive at a offroad trail system in vt, not a ski trail cleanup at magic.

But no, his last name is Hamm, I don't think hes a skier.

·
3,647 Posts
Ripper, kind of confused how you got tied in with the ski trail cleanup if you don;t ski there? My buddy is the Ops manager, so I'm usually around but was swamped trying to finish home renovations.

aStrauss, Jake's last name start with a K? He might be talking about me, kind of a tight group of skiers around here and we definitely know each other
We were camping a few miles away and decided we didn’t want to cook in the rain, so we drove out to the lodge there and grabbed dinner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts