Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black X parked just outside of Moonshine Kitchen and Lounge near Lovejoy in NW Portland (or i guess it's called Paymaster Lounge now?). Saw it as I was walking in for a beer last Saturday night (1-18-14). Gobi ladder, sliders, lift, tires, newx.org sticker, and possibly a shrockworks front bumper (or maybe just a brush guard)? I didn't really get much of a look at the front. Had the OEM off road lights as well. Only got a brief look, but the truck was looking good! Got me motivated to pay mine off so I can start modding :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No rear tire carrier. Had the rear gobi ladder on the passenger side. Looking at Travzilla's build thread, I think it was him (or a really good imposter). Nice looking X! Wish I would have gotten a better look, but the beer was calling my name :drink:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yep, that was me. Checked out The Bent Brick right across the street for the first time, then headed over to the Paymaster for a couple beers. I was sitting with a friend of mine in the outside padio area. I knew the sticker would come in handy at some point!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. How was Bent Brick? I was in Paymaster with a few friends, including a loud Aussie, so if you saw/heard him I wasn't far away. That outside patio area is pretty nice now. I'll try to say hi if I ever see your X around again!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Very nice. How was Bent Brick? I was in Paymaster with a few friends, including a loud Aussie, so if you saw/heard him I wasn't far away. That outside patio area is pretty nice now. I'll try to say hi if I ever see your X around again!
It wasn't bad. Definitely a more upscale kinda place. They had these awesome duck fat deep fried jojo's. Tried those and a couple dry Irish stouts they had on tap. That's only the second time I've been to Paymaster, but I like that outdoor area. Went there this past summer when it was really nice out. I'll probably end up checking it out again. I don't live downtown, but a lot of my friends do, so I'm usually around checking out some of the local bars. Seen some nice Xterra's out and about too. I wish I had some spotted cards or something I could leave for people to come here and check it out. I have a feeling there's a lot more Portland(ish) people that aren't on the forums.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice man. I'm the same way - don't live downtown, but hang out down there a lot. I see a ton of Xterra's driving around in NW. I think you're probably right about a lot of people not knowing about the forum. Some super official thenewx.org cards would be pretty cool.

On an entirely different note, have any of you local guys (Surf, Baker, Trav, anyone else) installed heated side view mirrors or new rear view mirrors on your Xterra? I have both and just need to get motivated to put them in. I have zero experience with anything electrical on cars, but car toys wanted $500 bucks to install the 3 mirrors (2 side, 1 rearview). That seemed outrageous so I've been reading up on the how to's on here. It doesn't look too horrible. More time consuming than anything. Was wondering if anyone around here has done it before.

·
on line
2,263 Posts
the hardest part is running the wire for it. You just need to find a power source and ground or wire in a switch for the mirrors. Should be pretty simple as long as you follow the instruction and how to, you should be ok.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up doing this one of the next few weekends. I'll try to take some pictures as I go and add to the how-to if I can.

I'll either be out at my buddy's house in Vancouver or at my coworkers place in North Plains when I work on this. I'll post something once I know the weekend for sure in case anyone is in the area and interested in stopping by.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'll either be out at my buddy's house in Vancouver or at my coworkers place in North Plains when I work on this. I'll post something once I know the weekend for sure in case anyone is in the area and interested in stopping by.
Yeah, definitely post something on here about it before you do the install. I've wanted heated mirrors for a while now and am curious how it all goes together.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you on the NWXC Facebbok page? Mudlover is looking to do a install day, camping trip at his place coming up.
I'm not. Sounds like maybe I should be though. I'll get signed up on that site. Do you have a link to the install day/camping thread?

Yeah, definitely post something on here about it before you do the install. I've wanted heated mirrors for a while now and am curious how it all goes together.
I'll be sure to put something up. You can watch me struggle my way through it :banghead:

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Nothing is posted here for the mod day yet. Mudlover55 is going to create the event on FB shortly. It's going to be feb 9th about 11:30 in Auburn, WA.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I may be down for the mod day for some experience and ideas. I don't do the whole FB thing so will the info be posted here as well?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nothing is posted here for the mod day yet. Mudlover55 is going to create the event on FB shortly. It's going to be feb 9th about 11:30 in Auburn, WA.
Ah, don't think I'll be able to make it up there that weekend. I just requested to join the NWXC facebook page though, so I'm in the loop next time you guys are planning something.

Travzilla - I think my buddy and I are going to do the mirrors this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) out at his place in Vancouver. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in stopping by to watch.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Ah, don't think I'll be able to make it up there that weekend. I just requested to join the NWXC facebook page though, so I'm in the loop next time you guys are planning something.

Travzilla - I think my buddy and I are going to do the mirrors this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday) out at his place in Vancouver. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in stopping by to watch.
Wrenching on Super Bowl Sunday is just wrong. That's a time for drinking beer, eating BBQ, and watching football...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts