·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body know any trails ???????

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I always wondered about the Pine Barrens too.

I drive down the beach and see trails lining the sides of the roads but I never knew if they were legal or not.

Anybody know the story in Jersey barrens?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I know people have wheeled there in the past. I don't know of it's legality. There are a number of Jersey related off-road clubs. Might want to check one of them. I don't know if the NJAX is still around or not, but they would know.

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea from what i hear and what people at school say where they wheel that place is legal but yea like creek said its 2 or 3 hours form north jersey

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have to travel a minimum of an hour to find a place to wheel. It's not too bad. The problem is they keep closing down spots. I use to have 4 or so places within an hour that offered a solid days worth of wheeling. That number is quickly shrinking.

I would be shocked that there would be much in Northern Jersey. Is there any wheeling spots in North East PA?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
There are NO legal places to wheel in northern NJ. The place on route 23/greenwood lake area is not legal nor are the places in Mahwah. I hear if you get caught in mahwah the fines are very high now!!

·
on line
16 Posts
got a spot. private land, many wheelers. North jersey

·
on line
16 Posts
friend of a friend of a friend. Its non posted land in West Milford. No not greenwood lake or route 23. Friends have been wheeling there for a few years now, most of the locals up here know about it and wheel it hard. Alot of trails.

·
on line
262 Posts
Yes the Pine Barrens are legal, when we went down there we checked in with the park rangers to make sure it was legal. Beleive it or not you can "offroad" in ringwood state park. The rangers will let you drive in the park if you have a permit allowing you to either go to the model airplane field, hunt or participate in a trail clean up program. Also if i'm not mistaken the mystical offroading place in West Millford is off of Burnt Meadow road.
-Pete

·
on line
16 Posts
Pete is rigt about Burnt Medow Road. Thats the place. Its private land, unposted. Just dont go there and start bonefires and get the volies all worked up.

·
on line
6 Posts
most of the land off burnt meadow road has been purchased by the state now. it was private land until recently, but it hasn't all been posted as state forest yet. i'm not sure how legit it is to wheel there but i doubt any body will bother you if you don't cause a problem. the road itself can be entertaining after a good snow storm.

·
on line
121 Posts
I've heard of someplace with a "Paradise Rd" in North Jersey, but have never been there. I usually go to the resevoirs and wheel back there.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts