Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the spool deal is happening right now!
Heres your chance for a bullet proof fix for your Nissan M226 rear end. These units will be done in the next few weeks. They will be a direct bolt in, use your same axles and ring&pinion set. If you are a serious off roader you will want one of these!!! They wont be for your daily driver, as they will make you have a solid live axle. I am expecting the cost to be around $500 for the billet steel, heat treated unit.

If you want one right now speak up, as I am only doing a limited run. If you miss this run we will need to get enough orders for a second run.

PM me if you are interrested.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, if I didn't put 20K street miles on my X a year, I would be all over this. Though, at $500, I assume this is a straight up custom build and not something that is going to be mass produced?

·
on line
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very limit starter run. I am doing my needs plus what ever some one else wants done. The price will be determend by quanity of final order. Cost divided by quanity. I have till the end of the week to give my final numbers.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I've got the stock locker in my OR, or I'd be very interested. Thanks for the offer.

When something for the front comes along, I'm all over it.

·
on line
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
d-rap said:
When something for the front comes along, I'm all over it.
I have a vender working on that too. Might see something by the end of summer.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
We all would be interested in something for the front end................only thing is id have to guess that 99 percent of us drive our X's to work on the road every day as well. So we would have to be able to use it for on and off road use. If you can get soemthing for this crowd, then youd sell a ton of them.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
mcampana said:
We all would be interested in something for the front end................only thing is id have to guess that 99 percent of us drive our X's to work on the road every day as well. So we would have to be able to use it for on and off road use. If you can get soemthing for this crowd, then youd sell a ton of them.

agreed...i'd be interested!!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
willgr1 said:
mcampana said:
agreed...i'd be interested!!
This is exactly right. Our X's are for the most part high mileage DDs and serious trail rigs in one.

·
on line
735 Posts
If your X is licensed for the street, you don't want a spool. The best solution would be to upgrade the factory diff with the weak sidegear and housing casting(for the electrical part) to a regular brand of dana 44 diff like a detroit or an ARB-both of which have double crosspins (4 spiders) without the cast in thin part for the nissan e-lock mechanism.

trouble is the proprietary 32 spline side gears...get arb or detroit locker to make special side gears and then they will have nissan d-44 coverage in an actual streetable locker.

The biggest problem I have is I do not want to have to pay for it (again). Secondly, the diff in the rear can be made good and the axle size is not bad, but then you still don't have a front drive. I feel like I have been cheated and paid for a 4x4 that isn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts