Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a set of f150 led lights that is like to put in the x. They have same bulb and it fits in the housing and locks into place perfectly. The only difference is the plug,

Can I cut the plug off the ballist and splice it into the headlight harness? I don't see why not, but I'm also ****ty at electrical

Thanks bros!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
2,243 Posts
Short answer, yes.
But if you are that bad at electrical work you probably ought to find someone else to do the work for you. Loosing headlights from a bad splice can be a very bad thing.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Maybe snag a headlight harness from a wrecker? Then you can take your time with it.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Wait what? LED with a ballast? Do you mean HID? All this cutting and splicing sounds like you are about to Frankenstein your wiring. Not a good thing when driving down a dark rainy road and your headlights short out.

If you wanting to do HIDs, do it the right way. Don't be one of those jerks adding HIDs to regular housings blinding everyone else. Do it the right way. Projectors and a plug and play ballast / HID kit. You will have a focused beam, no cutting, and waterproof connections.

Heus33 here on the forum has the kits and was great to work with. There are a ton of threads on people retrofitting and heus33 was great to work with and answered all my stupid questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts