1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know much about this subject...

But seeing as some vehicles have the option to use spindles for lift,
is this a possibility on the X or something that might be produced in the
near future to be used on the stock, original setup? There has been mention
of the Titan swap and use of spindles. Wondering if this can be done on the
stock Xterra setup.
Are there any drawbacks to using this method?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
It can only be done on 2wd because it changes the placement of the front wheels, therefore, not allowing the cv shafts to go into the hub.
No, IMO there aren't any drawbacks. It retains all the factory suspension and increases ground and tire clearance.
Allied racing in CA is working on a 3-4" lift spindle for the X... PRG has had input on them and will be distributing them.
You can see some info about it on my project thread but I'm using the Titan spindles which is a bit more involved.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2496

·
on line
3,218 Posts
I'd like to see if TC UCAs, w/ Titan spindles, using cvs from JE REEL DRIVELINE, could be used with the new Rancho TripleX 9000 shocks. (Have you seen 'em? If you like RANCHO, this is the chit..) That'd be 2.5-3" of front end lift (Titan gear is all 2" taller), and I'm putting together a springpack for the rear.

Any thoughts?

·
on line
204 Posts
with 4wd lift spindles won't work. why do you want to use titan spindles? titan control arms won't give you any lift, they will only make your track width 3 inches wider per side, and more travel. Xterrock give greg from prg a call he is going to sell them as a prg product

·
on line
3,218 Posts
why do you want to use titan spindles?
The tripleX' only for the Titan. I'd love to run RANCHO on this truck too..

titan control arms won't give you any lift..
My bad, TC is Total Chaos.

Hmmph, I hadn't considered the width difference.. With our limited selection of wheels, perhaps this'll open a window for me via spacers, custom wheels, et al.

·
on line
204 Posts
if you run the titan spindle/hub that will open up hundreds of wheels to fit, but for the front only, you would have to run adapters, or a titan rear end to match the bolt pattern. and whichever wheels you run with the titan swap will need to be 17's. you can run spacers or adapters to run other wheels while using your stock X spindle/hub, a few people on this forum run spacers with no problems.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are currently working on the spindle, but its still about 4 weeks from being done. It will be a high-end fabricated part (not cast) and should sell for around $750-ish for the pair with new brake lines. We are looking at 4" of lift.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
xterrock said:
We are currently working on the spindle, but its still about 4 weeks from being done. It will be a high-end fabricated part (not cast) and should sell for around $750-ish for the pair with new brake lines. We are looking at 4" of lift.
Who is "we." Was this an e-mail from the shop already mentioned in this thread?

EDIT: I just called Allied. The guy told me "2 to 3 months."

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OregonX said:
xterrock said:
Who is "we." Was this an e-mail from the shop already mentioned in this thread?

EDIT: I just called Allied. The guy told me "2 to 3 months."
Sorry... Was a reply from Greg at PRG today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts