Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Spidertrax homepage;

http://www.spidertrax.com/

There's a link in the corner for the Nissan 6x4.5 to 6x5.5 wheel adapters that's labeled "testers wanted."

They're offering a limited run at 30% off and hoping for some feedback. They do offer a lifetime warranty on the sets they sell for testing.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
So who's gonna be first? It'd be cheap and easy to find a set of black steelies to bolt them to, I bet. Just find a Yota or Chevy owner upgrading to some bling. :geek:

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Eww thats tempting, too bad I'm broke. Damn Christmas :D

·
on line
271 Posts
Seems the problem is still backspacing. Most 16x8 rims I like seem to be 4.5-5 inches of backspacing... Add 1.25 inches of adapter and you got tires that stick out of the wheel well too far. I seached for an hour tonight and still am having a problem finding a nice off-road style rim with about 6 inches of backspacing...

I'd love to get a rim that looks something like these:

Pro Comp Series 8023

Pro Comp Series 8179

Just concerned about them sticking more than an inch or so outside the wheel wells...

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running 1" adapters from ezaccessory.com and 16" wheels with 4.5 backspacing and it was a bit too much. I recently switched to Titan alloys, which have about 5.5" of backspacing (I think). I picked up a set of these Spidetrax adapters because I liked the idea of the lifetime warranty, and I'm curious to see the fit and finish on these things. I guess it will push my wheels out another 1/4" on each side. I think that will be about perfect.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jollyman78 said:
hmmm, these guys are up in Longmont (a few miles away from me)...

I'm not looking for spacers (yet), but it looks like they're looking for test fitters; if anyone is serious about getting something, I can try to test fit it for 'em.
They're past the test fitting stage. I think the first truck to have a set was Nissan Technical Service's "Project X2", which is running them with some Centerline wheels as we speak. Right now I think they're just looking for a few people to abuse 'em for a while before they do a mass release to the public.

I'd be curious to see how many sets they're going to sell at a discount as "testers."

·
on line
4,495 Posts
After your post, Shawn, I've been looking at Titan/Armada wheels on eBay. They're cheaper than aftermarket and the right BS. I looked around online for a wheel with a BS between 5 and 5.50....its harder than you think! If I can find a set of wheels that meet that requirement than I'd be all over these adapters. Hell its almost worth buying these adapters and sitting on them until I needed them, they're a great company and I'm sure these things are up to the abuse.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
The price is definitely right!!! They're cheaper than the ezaccessory.com adapters.
I can rest a little easier knowing they're hubcentric.
I think I'll have to give them a call.

·
on line
551 Posts
RockyMtnX said:
So who's gonna be first? It'd be cheap and easy to find a set of black steelies to bolt them to, I bet. Just find a Yota or Chevy owner upgrading to some bling. :geek:
Well, I got black steelies from my 2k burb sitting in the shed, just collecting dust. Practically brand new. Now if they would fit on the X .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts