Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the ORs have different calibrated speedos than the S/SE models due to the different tire height? The reason I ask is that I always reset my trip meter to 0 after I fill up and then then do the math at the next fillup. The numbers don't always match with the ScanGauge which is set to the correct fuel tank size.

Any ideas?

·
on line
335 Posts
i wouldn't think so. there's been a couple cases where people went from the 265/70 to the 265/75s and their speedo became more correct. alot of times the companies will just set the speedo for the largest tire size, to keep it simple.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You also have to remember to calibrate the scan guage. Mine was odd by 1 or 2 % based on two different GPS readings.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Are you making sure that you are using the same procedure each time you fill up? What I mean is like I always top off so if I don't pay attention I will use the amount used after toping off instead of what's in the tank and vice versa. I just gave up throughout the winter time frame since it just sucks during that time anyways.

·
on line
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muzikman, I'll look into calibrating the ScanGauge.

Dan, yeah, I go through the same process at every fillup.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
I think the OR's speedo is calibrated the same as all other X's.

I checked my speed with a GPS, and at different rates. I figured I was about 4% fast.

I then did the calculations (looked online) between the OR's tire size and other X's tire size... says it will read 4% fast.

...so I kinda have to watch my speed :happy8:

·
on line
81 Posts
I've checked my speed against my GPS at several speeds and it seems dead on. Now I don't have a Scangauge to check against that, yet.

·
on line
564 Posts
jollyman78 said:
I think the OR's speedo is calibrated the same as all other X's.
I checked my speed with a GPS, and at different rates. I figured I was about 4% fast.
I then did the calculations (looked online) between the OR's tire size and other X's tire size... says it will read 4% fast.
Yup...I pretty much determined the same thing. I noticed that my indicated speed was a touch under what the gps was indicating. I also noticed that the odometer was off by about 1 mile for every 30 traveled, which equates to about a 3.4% error, which is the difference between the 265/70 and the 265/75.

Now I get to add about 3.4% to my gas mileage! Wahoo!
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts