Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd read in one of these many posts of the speedometer being calibrated in the middle of the range for the range of tires. On my SE w/17" wheels, 60mph on the Speedo always registered about 56mph on my GPS. I "needed" to do something to get my Speedo corrected...

Well with about 37K on the stock Goodyear LongTrails and a little slip-sliding in some snow/ice last week, I broke down and bought the X's first set of new tires...a nice set of Bridgestone Revo's. I went up a size from the stock Longtrails (265/65-17) 30.4" with the Revo's (265/70-17) 31.7". Mission accomplished, the Speedo and GPS are dead-on now. White-in BTW in response to the Poll...

Now for the real reason....DAMN they look sweet!! Instant transformation from a suburban mall-mobile to a look that befits the 'Brawny Red' color...fills out the wheel well just perfect, nice looking tread pattern and did I mention, DAMN they look sweet.
:compress:
I can post some before/after pics if needed...

Mark

·
on line
169 Posts
I'd be interested in some pics I got an SE.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
yes pigs plz. I was looking at the size you got but couldnt see much of a size diff from the stock ones. So was looking at the next couple sizes bigger.

·
on line
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...finally got some "after" pics. Was kind of hard to do while at work, especially since I work on a military base...they get touchy with cameras sometimes...

Before Side

After Side

Before Front

After Front

Before Rear

After Rear

I could definitely see, when the front wheel was cocked, where a 33" will be close to hitting the back of the fender well. There's about an inch or two or clearance to the rear when turned with these, officially a 31.7", but it'll be a 32 in my book.

Hoping for some snow now!!

Mark C.

·
on line
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
krucam said:
Well with about 37K on the stock Goodyear LongTrails...
Damn...didn't even catch my error...BFG Long Trails, not Goodyear. Tells you how much I cared about the POS tires...
:banghead:

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks good dude! With my stock 265/75-16 (31.7") BFG RT's my speedo looks like it's registering the same speed as my GPSR, but the GPSR registers 1 extra mile for every 30 traveled (31 vs. 30). The 3.3% difference is consistent with the difference between the stock 265/70-16 on the X, and S models and the 265/75-16 on the OR model. I figured that Nissan calibrated the speedo to match the tires on the x, s and SE models and didn't bother with recalibrating the speedo's on the OR models.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts