Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2007 xterra with power windows.

i have timed the windows going up and it's 5 seconds for both front windows until recently when i had to replace the drivers side motor/regulator. that bad boy now takes no more than 4 seconds.

Do all of you all have slower windows normally than 4 seconds?

I seem to remember people reporting as much but just am wondering if i should pro-actively replace the passenger side window before it leaves me in the lurch...

·
Registered
822 Posts
both front windows take their sweet ole time on my 07 as well. 4-5 seconds sounds about right. Haven't had a motor failure yet so not sure about how necessary it is to replace them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My 07 is super slow especially the drivers side if I am putting up both fronts at the same time. I would say well over 5 secs.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I'm gonna lob this meatball up there... proper lubrication also helps. A few guys have used silicon spray.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna lob this meatball up there... proper lubrication also helps. A few guys have used silicon spray.
yeah, the new one goes up awesomely fast. probably new lube on the internal metal channels when i replaced the motor/reg a little back is helping that.

i have sprayed some lube in the rubber channels where the windows go through and those does help. before i sprayed and before my drivers side died, it was taking more than 5 seconds. Like 7 or something.. so that helps....

guessing the pass side just needs to be lubed internally but if i am going to take it all apart to do that might as well replace. not worrying about it i supose then till it dies. pretty sure my drivers side saw way more duty cycles than the passenger side....

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I never thought to time them, but I should have after I modded the window motor for more horse power.

This was actually the 2nd mod I ever did.

I timed my driver's side window and it went down in 3 seconds and back up in 3.5.

My passenger window was surprisingly faster by 1 second both up and down.

[This entire post is complete sarcasm.]

·
Registered
501 Posts
My drivers window motor was replaced and goes up pretty quickly. The passenger side window however takes a bit of time. It goes up faster if I don't roll up both windows at the same time.

·
on line
14,613 Posts
I have dual battery mod and the Mean green alternator,
the windows take no more than 2.2 seconds.
I also lube the tracks with silicon spray,
lube the gears
and slave both batteries together when measuring speed.

Of course I did not do this myself, but had it done for me.
:)
standard labor rates apply.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I have dual battery mod and the Mean green alternator,
the windows take no more than 2.2 seconds.
I also lube the tracks with silicon spray,
lube the gears
and slave both batteries together when measuring speed.

Of course I did not do this myself, but had it done for me.
:)
standard labor rates apply.
Subliminal minx you are...:wav:

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I heard if you source a window motor from a GTR, you can mod it to fit the Xterra, and get the window time down to the low 3's. One guy added extra windings and even clocked it down to 2.974672 Seconds on his fastest run, and that was at 4000' altitude and 58 degrees F ambient temps!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I heard if you source a window motor from a GTR, you can mod it to fit the Xterra, and get the window time down to the low 3's. One guy added extra windings and even clocked it down to 2.974672 Seconds on his fastest run, and that was at 4000' altitude and 58 degrees F ambient temps!
Posted via Mobile Device
If you source from the GTR Nismo you'll be at 2.474672 seconds. This is due to the carbon fiber housing of the motor....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
504 Posts
I know I lubed my 07' with the silicone spray after reading how it will help them go up and down faster. It made a HUGE difference in the speed. I never timed it, but very noticeable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone know of any switch upgrades so the window will not only go down automatically but go up as well? I am military and I have to roll my window down and up all day as I come and go from the base and the housing areas. It's nice to just down down until it clicks and and get my ID card ready while the window is going down automatically. It would be nice to have it go up the same way so I can get my ID back in my wallet and get my turn signal on (immediate left going in the gate, immediate right coming out) and head lights have to be turned off going through the gate and stereo turned down and all has to be reset when rolling again. Anyone know of any company that sells something like this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts