Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
29 Posts
They'll fit in the rear but you might need to trim a little steel. also they won't mate with the door panel, unless you pop out the old driver and use that plastic thingy. 5 1/4 might work better.

That said, I have MB Quart 6.5's in the rear (more like a 7"). They sound way better than that OEM paper plate crap.

You will need an amp too. Running low power in high capactiy speakers will clip your signal - bad for the amp and speaker both. Tis better to be slightly bigger on power (headroom) than too short.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
do a search around here, there is a lot of great info on X audio, but unfortunitly its kinda scattered.

·
on line
142 Posts
I have 6.5" Kicker mid-bass speakers in the rear and they fit although just barely without trimming any metal and they have a huge magnet so you shouldn't have any problems with a 6.5" speaker. But colo964 is right, the stock speakers are 2 ohms rather than 4 (like those Fosgates you are looking at getting). So your sound output in the rear will be roughly half with a 4 ohm speaker. You will either need an amp or 2 ohm replacement speakers.

·
on line
68 Posts
I have pioneer 6.5's which I like a lot but the install was kinda screwy. after making a few trips to my car toys they finally sold me a little adapter piece they had that mounted into the existing holes for the stock speaker. from there I just mounted the new speakers in that. No cutting or nothing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts