Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: I just picked this up about 4 weeks (August 2013) ago since I've always wanted a white X. Traded a pathfinder in on it and previously had a 4-door Wrangler (i know, i know, but it really was a great truck). Plenty of cars before that but irrelevant. I live in Colorado so I will be doing some trail riding but no rock climbing (just not my thing). I am a mountain biker so mainly head up to trailheads and find out-of-the-way places to ride. I'm also a long range shooter so sometimes places to shoot are out a ways in the mountains. It is my daily driver and I'm loving every minute of it , I also have a jeep XJ. Always a work in progress but constructive criticism is always welcome.

Username: Spdu4ia aka Travis

Make: Nissan
Year: 2008
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Avalanche White (GO AVS!)

MODS

Wheels/Tires:
-Pro Comp 7089 16"
-Goodyear Duratracs 265/75-16
-Melt mod

Suspension:
-No lift
-Front 1/4" prg spacer to level

Exterior:
-OEM door moulding
-Plastidip front and rear emblems and "X"
-Rage roof basket (like it was made for the X)
-OEM Fog lights
-DDM tuning HID headlight and foglights (5000k)
-Front windows tinted to match (20%)
-Stubby antenna
-Black magic all plastics (not really a mod but looks 100x better)
-LED reverse and license plate lights
-16a rear wiper
-Curt hitch
-LED Totron 40" lightbar
-Offroad Gorrilla light bar horn mounts
-Vigg designs hood blackout
-Raptor LED grill mod
-Bedliner on rear steps and bumper pad

Interior:
-Kenwood DDX3023 head unit (stopped and got it and put it in on the way home from the dealer)
-Gentex mirror (temp,compass,autodim) amber display
-Flashlight mounts (quickfist) with ultrafire on each door
-Fire extinguisher mounted in rear cargo area
-Custom bike rack made from stock "organizer"
-Replaced plastic D rings in the rear with Metal ones you can acctually use
-Raingler net mini roof net
-LED interior lighting (love the look of these as well)
-135lbs rear hatch struts (no more banging my head)
-rear mounted white/amber stobe lights in rear window
-weathertech front floor liners
-"rexrug" rear carpet mod
-soft blue LED ambient light overhead for center consol ALA BMW/Audi
-wet okole seat covers
-Flip key mod

Engine:
-Airbox mod
-Custom Y-pipe

PHOTOS

-

-

-

-
(most pics from my phone so no "good" ones yet)

Day I bought it

I made this bike rack from the stock "organizer" that came with it. A little cutting , drilling , bolting up two Rockymounts fork mounts, and we have a custom "xterra" labeled bike carrier that bolts to the floor track.

Hated the way it looked without the side mouldings so next day trip to the dealer and I got these also tinted front windows to match the rears (20%).

Hated the stock whees/tires so a trip to 4wparts came up with these, waiting on tires

packages started arriving and almost overnight turned into this. still doing a few things here and there but loving it so far!

HID's (they arn't really that blue I just turned them on and they havn't warmed up yet). I really hope that rock stays there :blackeye:

Lifting a leg

I'm at the max for height at my parking garage... no lift anytime soon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The truck is looking great! I definitely like the bike rack. Way cleaner looking than my rack. You could always gain back some garage clearance by swapping to a DepHep. Keep on modding!

·
Registered
534 Posts
nice! good start.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Finished up some interior pieces today

I freakin love this thing... Gentex mirror amber display, auto dim, compass, and temp

Raingler mini net

Ultrafire led flashlight with quick fist mount on both front doors (yes, the passenger gets one too to assist in zombie indendification)

Fire extinguisher

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My dog didn't like sliding around when I accelerated, turned, or braked and since I have to do all those things I added an indoor/outdoor work mat from Lowes. <$20 and fits perfect.

-

While I was there I had to park here and take a before/after pic

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looking good, mate! I gotta get one of those in/out floor mats from Lowe's - my dog thanks you!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my spacer installed on the front today , 40min from the time I opened the garage door until I had the wheels back on. Super easy install and perfectly level suspension now with no lift. I didn't even have to separate the UCA from the spindle.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looking good . Yea my dog likes the rear cargo area rug too soo he dont slide around lol.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow those are some nice shots. Like something you see on a post card.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking really good. Loved the idea with the carpet. Went to Lowes two days ago and bought the same thing, thanks for the tip! Just in time for a trip this weekend to the Mohave Desert and the Desert Tortoise Natural Area for a two day trash clean up detail. Hope to photograph some petroglyphs that are about 75 miles away while I'm out there.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow those are some nice shots. Like something you see on a post card.
Thanks!

Looking really good. Loved the idea with the carpet. Went to Lowes two days ago and bought the same thing, thanks for the tip! Just in time for a trip this weekend to the Mohave Desert and the Desert Tortoise Natural Area for a two day trash clean up detail. Hope to photograph some petroglyphs that are about 75 miles away while I'm out there.
sweet, I'd love to see that. FYI put a few strips of velcro on the mat so it won slide.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts