Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
355 Posts
i clear my garage by like 1" right now.. sucks. cuz i want a little 2" lift but then i park outside permanently.

·
on line
564 Posts
Do a search for ebay spacers or topgunz for more information.

ebay spacers

Rob

·
on line
369 Posts
mcampana said:
I got em, kick ass i think. Gave me some killer ground clearance. Easy install. Inexpensive. But you better do something to the rear too, these wont level anything, they lift. I recomend them though.
Agreed.

·
on line
564 Posts
mcampana said:
...Gave me some killer ground clearance...
Are you sure?

You're LCA's and rear diff/axle are still the original distance off the ground. From the internet "The standard industry explanation of ground clearance is: the lowest portion of the vehicle to the ground measured in inches". There is really only one way to improve ground clearance; install larger diameter tires.

Rob

·
on line
369 Posts
robnfl said:
mcampana said:
Are you sure?

You're LCA's and rear diff/axle are still the original distance off the ground. From the internet "The standard industry explanation of ground clearance is: the lowest portion of the vehicle to the ground measured in inches". There is really only one way to improve ground clearance; install larger diameter tires.

Rob
Obviously he is talking about ground clearance gained underneath the front differential. Although you are right in saying that the only way to gain more ground clearance under solid axles is to install larger tires.

·
on line
355 Posts
every car ive ever put bigger tires on got slower. so i wont put bigger ones if i can help it. cars just barely fast enough now, i dont want it slower. course i do mostly freeway driving.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
burnout said:
every car ive ever put bigger tires on got slower. so i wont put bigger ones if i can help it. cars just barely fast enough now, i dont want it slower. course i do mostly freeway driving.
Barley fast enough?!? Where do you drive? I don't want to be anywhere near where you are.

·
on line
369 Posts
JAdams said:
burnout said:
Barley fast enough?!? Where do you drive? I don't want to be anywhere near where you are.
Haha, yea I definitely don't own the X for its prowess in street racing.

·
on line
564 Posts
rs182 said:
robnfl said:
mcampana said:
Are you sure?

Rob
Obviously he is talking about ground clearance gained underneath the front differential. Although you are right in saying that the only way to gain more ground clearance under solid axles is to install larger tires.
It might be obvious to most of us but some guys don't realize that a SL doesn't really gain any ground clearance. The front diff is already tucked away above the frame and relatively safe. Plus, of course anything that passes under the front (frame) still has to make it under the rear diff and axle. By changing tires from 265/70-16 to 255/85-16 you can gain over an inch of ground clearance, even under the lowest part of the truck.

Rob

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Everyone is right. some are technically right and others are observationally right.

If you roll over a boulder with your front left tire (lets say) and slightly scrape your engine skid with another rock you are trying to clear.....

then you install a 2" suspension lift and roll over the same boulder you will clear the rock that scraped your engine skid previously.

These are the observationally right people

Now if you roll over a boulder and scrape your LCA... then install a suspension lift and try it again, you will still scrape your LCA again and again and again. (same goes for rear axle)

These are the technically rigth people.

Did this make sense to anyone at all???? :tard:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts