Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
998 Posts
You already have decent poke with the wheels you have, do you know the offset of them?
I have 1.5" spacers on stock rims, no issues so far. I bought some titan wheel accessories wheel spaces. Some guys will say to spend 3x and get Boras.. I've been hearing of quality issues with their studs lately, so personally I dont think they're worth it.
You'll more than likely need to trim the fender near the bottom rear portion., especially with a larger tier and an already lower offset wheel.

I'd also check you're not going to contact your fenders with that much poke, you planning to lift?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You already have decent poke with the wheels you have, do you know the offset of them?
I have 1.5" spacers on stock rims, no issues so far. I bought some titan wheel accessories wheel spaces. Some guys will say to spend 3x and get Boras.. I've been hearing of quality issues with their studs lately, so personally I dont think they're worth it.
You'll more than likely need to trim the fender near the bottom rear portion., especially with a larger tier and an already lower offset wheel.

I'd also check you're not going to contact your fenders with that much poke, you planning to lift?
Have a 2” Nisstec/Bilsten lift - 33’s - picked the Fuel Off-road wheels specifically for the -12 offset - I just want another bit of poke - don’t mind the trimming (had to do a little when went to 33’s/lift)

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
998 Posts
Stock is 30mm, so you basically got about 3/4" already. If you put 1.5" spacers on top of that , you'd look like a T-swap.
Personally I wouldn't got more than 1.5" total.
In case you haven't seen this post, this is what is needed at 1.5"

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Pro: Looks, that's it. Some claim the wider stand helps with stability but it' nothing noticeable. I went from skinny stock wheels/tires to 265's with Pro Comps that poked out a good inch-inch and a half and there was no discernable difference.

Con: Your X will get dirty every single time you drive it, lol. One small mud puddle and the side of your rig is sprayed with it. I didn't care, I think a dirty X is a sexy X.
Con: Some will say it will destroy your hub bearing and ball joints. Many others have 10's of thousands of miles on them with no issue.

If you go with spacers, go with the highest quality you can, regularly check your torque on all nuts and even consider some locktite on the spacer nuts.

Personally, I like your X the way it is. Great looking rig man.

·
on line
2,343 Posts
decreases tire clearance when turning.
flicks rocks at your arm if you try and enjoy driving with the window down.
Slightest puddle or mud will have the whole side of the truck dirty.
Not legal to have the tires past the fenders in some states.
Adds a little leverage to the wheel bearings, stresses them more.
Poser wanna be "I have 1-ton axles under my truck" look.
Don't fit through narrow places as well. Yes, I have gone places full size can't go because they are too wide.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Personally, i think its perfect how it is, its got alittle poke but not too much. I've been considering throwing some like .5" -1" spacers on my stock wheels, but wouldnt go as far out as you would be with the current wheels and 1.5" spacers. that seems like too much, imo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pro: Looks, that's it. Some claim the wider stand helps with stability but it' nothing noticeable. I went from skinny stock wheels/tires to 265's with Pro Comps that poked out a good inch-inch and a half and there was no discernable difference.

Con: Your X will get dirty every single time you drive it, lol. One small mud puddle and the side of your rig is sprayed with it. I didn't care, I think a dirty X is a sexy X.
Con: Some will say it will destroy your hub bearing and ball joints. Many others have 10's of thousands of miles on them with no issue.

If you go with spacers, go with the highest quality you can, regularly check your torque on all nuts and even consider some locktite on the spacer nuts.

Personally, I like your X the way it is. Great looking rig man.
Appreciate the thoughtful answer & kind words - thank you!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Personally, i think its perfect how it is, its got alittle poke but not too much. I've been considering throwing some like .5" -1" spacers on my stock wheels, but wouldnt go as far out as you would be with the current wheels and 1.5" spacers. that seems like too much, imo.
You cannot add .5” wheel spacers.

OP, there is a fine line between width and lift. Adding 1.5” spacers to your wheels will not only put more stress on your wheel bearings, but it will also not look good.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
You cannot add .5” wheel spacers.

OP, there is a fine line between width and lift. Adding 1.5” spacers to your wheels will not only put more stress on your wheel bearings, but it will also not look good.
whats the minimum width? is that limited by the existing studs/ nuts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts