Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm preparing (thinking, i tend to over due that part) a spacer and shackle lift . . . i do not ever wheel "hard" . . . construction job sites, sloppy sticky mud, fishing holes, mountain bike trail access, etc. . . . is the most harsh thing my truck will ever see. i like the factory ride quality so i've been thinking a spacer and shackle is the best option for me.

i have pretty new 265/75 BFG AT KO tires. will these look too small with this type of lift?

is there a spacer that is more or less likely to result in upper coil bucket contact? what is the majority opinion on the best spacer?

what is the majority opinion on the best shackle?

is there a certain year, model, etc. xterra that did or did not come with cam bolts from the factory?

i've searched and read and searched and i get all types of opinions and advice . . . but i would appreciate any opinions or advice before i pull the trigger in the next few months.

for the record. my xterra is a 4WD "S" model.

·
on line
122 Posts
I have a 2.5" lift from my radflos, and shackles in back, along with my 265/75 r16 rugged trails. It looks great. I was worried at first, but with the AT's, I think yours will look just fine. I am looking into 285/75/r16's, simply because i want larger tires offroading, along with higher quality ones... I bet you will like the look of the lifted truck.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Give Greg at PRG a call. He should be able to answer your questions. I know that in the past he was selling two different aluminum spacers for the front, one that provided 2" of lift, and one that provided 3". If I were you I would just get the 2" spacer. He sells a very nice powdercoated adjustable shackle as well, with 3 different height settings. The whole package would probably run you about $290-ish with shipping (but don't quote me on that). I think that would include some new poly front bumpstops.

It will cost you a few more $ than the Calmini spacer/shackle kit, but you'll get a slightly smaller spacer for reduced coil bucket contact, an adjustable shackle with better powdercoating and.... much better customer service.

·
on line
1,081 Posts
I just installed a TGC spacer and Calmini shackles. As far as I can tell all of the spacers have the potential to cause conflict between the coil bucket and the UCA. Keep in mind that the contact is mostly an annoyance though, and not a structural issue (correct me if I'm wrong here). I mostly bought from TGC because it was the least expensive option. I picked up the calmini shackles because I used them on my 1st gen X and was totally satisfied with them. As far as the tires go, I'm pretty happy with the 265's, but it won't be too long before I start thinking seriously about 285's for the extra ground clearance. The total package with a set of cam bolts cost me $228 shipped. Hope this helps.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
If you want to keep it inexpensive. I recommend the TG spacers and AC shackles combo for a 2" lift. It should run in the area of $160 give or take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts