Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a prospective X buyer I am wondering if anyone can tell me the dimensions in the area under the rear cargo cover area? I am looking at mounting amplifiers there and I want to know how much gear I can store there? Also it appears that I might be able to remove that shroud, anyone do that? Thanks all!!!

·
on line
264 Posts
im not sure that the amp will get enough air flow down there but its about 2 ft square or so and about 5 inches high

·
on line
1,361 Posts
mfenske said:
As a prospective X buyer I am wondering if anyone can tell me the dimensions in the area under the rear cargo cover area? I am looking at mounting amplifiers there and I want to know how much gear I can store there? Also it appears that I might be able to remove that shroud, anyone do that? Thanks all!!!
check this post, he has a pretty large amp back there, not sure of the size.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1803

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
irp88 said:
im not sure that the amp will get enough air flow down there but its about 2 ft square or so and about 5 inches high
Great. I'm not too worried about airflow. I can always install a fan or fans and at least one of the amps will be a class d monoblock. which tend to run cool by comparison and a 4 channel class AB which, ran at 4 ohms, won't generate all that much heat. If I was putting a pure class A in there bridged @ 1/2 ohm yeah I'd worry. Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts