Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to introduce myself. I got my '06 in October and its about time I start some mods. I am looking to do a SL and a BL but I am not too knowledgeable about this stuff. I had a 91 wrangler for a few years but I did all bolt on type stuff, lightbar, fender flares-except for the sawzall I took to the body to fit my 33" x 12.50s. It was lifted when I got it. So I would be new to mod-ing but not to off-road.
I am looking for a 4Wheel Drive shop somewhere near me to do the work.. any ideas? I called Hoaks in York but the only SL they will do is from Calmini and I have been told not to use them. If you are from PA or not and know a good place to go that will warranty their work let me know. However I am
getting to the point where I might just have to tear it apart myself.

I hope these pics work.

[/img]

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Heya, welcome. How did you find us? ;)

·
on line
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some wack job invited me. He seemed like a psycho but I decided that the info I could get here would be worth putting up with him. lol.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
welcome!

it would be more cost effective to do the work yourself, it's really not that hard, i did my lift with nothing but two jacks, two jack stands, a set of ratchets and a hammer!

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
807 Posts
you could check out Whaley Ent. depending on where in SE PA you are.

·
TNX Administrator
20,378 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
tim13con said:
Some wack job invited me. He seemed like a psycho but I decided that the info I could get here would be worth putting up with him. lol.
Hah. :blackeye:

·
on line
776 Posts
noob

Welcome, tim13 con! Dude, dont waste the $ paying someone else to do the work... Like your self, I started modding as a noob, roughly a month ago! With the how to's on this site, basic mechanical knowledge, and a set of fairly basic tools-you can do most of the stuff yer self. Where ya from exactly in PA? I am near gettysburg, and would be willing to help ya. Not to mention, the feeling of accomplishing the job with your own hands, is extremely gratifying!!! Again, welcome & good luck.

P.S. Welcome to the addixtion, lol.

·
on line
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Cochranville. Its a very small town at the intersection of Rt10 and Rt41. Im about 15-20 minutes from Delaware and Maryland.
I think you guys have successfully talked me into just doing the work myself. I need to plan exactly how I am going to go about this. I want to do a BL and a SL. Should I try to do both at the same time or is it better to do one and wait a few weeks to work out the kinks and then do the other?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the web

·
on line
776 Posts
new to se PA

Seeing that a body lift is almost all cosmetic, I would suggest doing a SL 1st, see how you like it, then move on to the BL, once you got a feel for the truck and how it reacts to the lift! Plus you can do a spacer and deaver (mini leaf pack) lift from PRG, for not much more than a body lift!!! Not to mention,, that the body lift will not level out your trucks rake, if that is part of your intention's...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts