Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried doing a search and couldnt find the answer i was looking for so here we go again..

I have a stock 2012 pro-4x and want to add wheel spacers without any modification. i have no plans to do any other mods and will keep the stock tires. It has been mentioned that 1.5" spacers require the melt mod and i do not want to do that. what is the biggest size i can use without having to do any mod.. 1" or 1.25"? will i be able to use the oem hardware?

thanks in advance
charlene

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
idk if anyone has installed spacers with stock size tires. you may be able to get away with it, but you also might not. I know people have got away with just doing the melt mod even with 1.5" spacers and 33" tires, no fender trimming, but melt mod was def necessary. why don't you want to do the melt mod? its really easy and only takes a few minutes. you can't even tell its done when you do it.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I ran stock tires with 1.5" spacers for a little while. Needed to do the melt mod but it's super easy and don't show at all when it's done. All you're doing is moving the plastic out the way a little bit, doesn't affect anything.

I'm guessing you could get away with 1.25" spacers if you are really against the melt mod for whatever reason but I can't tell you for sure. I don't think the tires rubbed very much but I did it just to be sure.

I suspect pretty much everyone who adds spacers does the melt mod.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I ran 2" wheelspacers on stock tires on my 06 for a while with no rubbing issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I run 1.5" spacers from EZ Accessory and I have a 2011 PRO-4X (Stock tires are 265/75/16) and I had to do the melt mod and tapping to get away with it. Depending on how new your tires are (and the uniqueness of your X) you might have to give a couple love taps with a hammer to the pointy part of your fenders, right where you would be melt modding anyway. I hit it a few times and just hit it with touchup paint (so it wouldn't rust if I cracked the paint).

I say put em on and do the melt mod, after you do it you can't really even tell, especially after a few days and the liner gets dirty again.

It's tough doing stuff like that to a brand new vehicle, but hey, you're gonna do it at some point anyhow. You're on this forum for a reason, lol.

·
on line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like 1.5" spacers and the melt mod is my only option. The melt mod seems easy enough... I didnt know what it entailed and the word "melt" scared me. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did 1.25 front, and 1.5 rear. No rubbing at all. It actually sticks out an equal amount because of how the front wheels are cambered.

·
on line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did 1.25 front, and 1.5 rear. No rubbing at all. It actually sticks out an equal amount because of how the front wheels are cambered.
so no melt mod or stud trimming required with 1.25 in front?? what brand wheel spacers do you have?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts