Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will soon have a new Xterra. I just have to wait for some work things then I'll be able to buy our Xterra. Starting to look at what is out there and plan for a few things. The first things will be a 2.5" lift and sliders.

Just wanted to say hello.

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that I have to still decide on is... I'm looking at the offroad or a S model. The cost difference is about $1000 for the same equipment (minus the offroad specific parts: locker, skids and Bilsteins) Is it worth the $1k for these parts? How strong are the skids? I guess they are better than none.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Yes the OR is worth it if you plan to go off road.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
ChrisTrerra said:
The only thing that I have to still decide on is... I'm looking at the offroad or a S model. The cost difference is about $1000 for the same equipment (minus the offroad specific parts: locker, skids and Bilsteins) Is it worth the $1k for these parts? How strong are the skids? I guess they are better than none.
Welcome!

The skids are junk but it's better than having one of those invisible skid plates. But the $1,000 is worth it alone for the locker.

·
on line
589 Posts
Speaking as someone who got the Off-Road model, I think the answer lies in how quickly you plan on modifying the car. I have replaced everything that the package comes with (Except for the locking diff) already, and so there is a little regret there. However, I do love the locking rear diff, and if your mods will take a long time then maybe you will be happier getting the Off-Road model.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Welcome! :cheers:

·
TNX Administrator
20,357 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome - get the OR. Think of all the money you will save by not having to buy the OR badge! :geek:

·
on line
551 Posts
Welcome!
As others have said, the OR model is worth it for the locker alone.
As mods will take some time for me, I thought it would be best to get the best offroad package availabe. I don't regret spending the extra money one bit.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Welcome :wav:

The OR is the best choice for you (as an SE owner I would know) I wish I had bought an OR but too late. still no matter what you get you will love it!!

·
on line
1,831 Posts
There's more than just the locker to think about, although I agree it's pretty awesome. You can't get the Rockford Fosgate package on S models, along with interior colors. Get the OR model man.

·
on line
189 Posts
Welcome. Go with the OR.
Forget about the tin foil the call skids, still better then nothing, The locker is what ya want....

·
on line
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are the seats different in the OR? I didn't relize that.

·
on line
81 Posts
ChrisTerra said:
Are the seats different in the OR? I didn't relize that.
Yes they have unique seats.

As everyone else has said go with the OR model

1 - 20 of 32 Posts