Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry1: :angry2: :angry3: :angry4: :angry5: :angry6: :angry7: :angry8:

not even 3000 miles on my X and someone backed into it, and I'm about 99% sure it was the damn FedEx truck at my office. :( :( :(

I've called fedex and filed something, more info to follow.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
that sucks man..

·
on line
376 Posts
Maybe he will come back next week and you can get him to admit it. Just tell him several people you have it on surveillance camera maybe he'll cop to it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Them old junky trucks, if he hit you he probably didn't know it, thought it was some packages falling in the back. But I feel for ya, I had an S10 new in 86 and a fellow employee Post Office backed into it and never said a word. Trust me he knew it. I was just out the front bumper. A good alarm calls attention to a parking lot smack, makes em at least stop and draws some witnesses. MC

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
word, but everyone is trying to rape me blind on a car alarm, one guy quoted me 800 bucks!!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I've said it before, Bulldog Talking alarm at walmart, comes with an LED.
Mount under air box, wire direct to batt. Led comes through the firewall up remove Driver dash speaker grille rat tail file a hole for LED in that $50 Try it you'll like it. MC

·
on line
246 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
word, but everyone is trying to rape me blind on a car alarm, one guy quoted me 800 bucks!!
The Buzz Off place on Dale Mabry will bend you over in a hurry, but there is a place on 56th street almost to Hillsborough (if you are headed south) on the left. If I remember right it is the second building on the left after the railroad tracks. They will pretty much install anything you want. They have done about four or five alarm installations and two power window retrofits for us. So far from my experience they did a good job and didn't charge an arm and a leg. Unfortunately I can't think of the name of the place right now.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ooh, a fellow tamponian. we should get up sometime man, the xterra forum get-ups wane in comparison to the ol' 350z get togethers.

thanks too on the reccommendation for the alarm place!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Terdar said:
The Buzz Off place on Dale Mabry will bend you over in a hurry
I thought bending over on Dale Mabry only happened at Mons Venus or the space ship looking place.

·
on line
58 Posts
car alarm

dragonplayboy said:
Directed Electronics Viper 5900 is a remote start 1 mile range keyless entry/security system and retail around 500 bucks. Just a alarm runs around 300 bucks...i would go with that if you want an alarm. Walmart alarms just run off a shock sensor and don't go off your door triggers.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Wal mart alarm is Bulldog security. It has a very sensitive shock sensor that works like radar an LED and a voltage sensor that trips when you open the door and the light comes on. $50 VS $500 I have two $500 alarms, neither will catch you taking anything off the exterior when the $50 one will. MC

·
on line
58 Posts
Re: car alarm

SpaceCowboy said:
dragonplayboy said:
Directed Electronics Viper 5900 is a remote start 1 mile range keyless entry/security system and retail around 500 bucks. Just a alarm runs around 300 bucks...i would go with that if you want an alarm. Walmart alarms just run off a shock sensor and don't go off your door triggers.
Dragon we stell the 5900 at our store and it would be about 580 for an Xterra 800 is a rip off!

-Cowboy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts